We are LogicHub and we are tackling a security problem that almost every enterprise faces: Their IT infrastructure is constantly under attack and their security analysts have to deal with too many alerts every day. How do they know which 20 or 50 they actually need to chase down? This problem causes them to miss really critical breaches and early indicators of a compromise.
Founded Jan 2016, we are reshaping the Security Intelligence landscape by creating an intelligence automation platform with an incredible team. Our team has 15+ years of experience building products in the security space from companies like ArcSight and Sumo Logic.
There are two really interesting technical challenges here - massive data processing and intelligence automation. Typically enterprises generate terabytes of security data every day from applications, devices, systems and so on. In order to detect an advanced threat in this sea of data, our systems need to be very performant and scalable. We are always looking at the latest technologies in the data processing space to solve this.
You are a strong engineer who is passionate about large-scale systems. You care about producing clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested code; you do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with a better solution. Ideally, you have experience with performance, scalability, and reliability issues of 24x7 commercial services.
- This is a hands-on senior role in the engineering team. You will write backend code, and you will also provide technical leadership for the team, reviewing the designs from the team and mentoring them.
- Design and implement high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage terabytes of data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our systems.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of the broader LogicHub team, helping the company respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 6+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Java, Scala, or C++.
- Understand performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Desire to learn Scala (scala-lang.org).
- Experience with Docker and large scale data processing technology like Spark.
- Experience with systems that deal with large data sets.
- Experience with 24x7 commercial service.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems.
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.)