About the role
Mezmo is a centralized log management solution that helps modern engineering teams be more productive in a DevOps-oriented world. It enables frictionless consumption and actionability of log data so developers can monitor, debug, and troubleshoot their systems with ease.
We are in the foundational stages of building an Internal Data and Analytics team, which will be focused on managing the data infrastructure to enable all of our business units to answer key questions and make strategic decisions. If you want to investigate data across the entire company to answer critical business questions, we want to meet you.
You will establish key metrics for many stakeholders within the company, including Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, and identify opportunities for data to guide critical strategic product and business decisions. Additionally, you will oversee and scale our data infrastructure, which is not just used by the data team, but the larger organization as well.
As our first Data Science Manager, you will be joining Mezmo's product team to create the foundation for the data organization. You will help to build the next generation of our data infrastructure and enable the company to answer key questions and make better choices for internal stakeholders and our customer base.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across all of Mezmo to develop a strategy around our data platform and to establish best practices for a metrics-focused culture.
- Own the vision and roadmap for the data and analytics team.
Inform architectural decisions, drive best practices, and establish scalable processes.
- Hire and mentor a data and analytics team to partner with cross-functional teams across the organization from product to marketing to business development.
- Manage the data infrastructure that enables the entire business.
- 3+ years of people management experience leading data teams
- 5+ years experience on data science or data analytics teams, especially on data teams focused on internal operations
- Excellent communication skills explaining concept concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- BS or MS degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, etc
- Experience with querying and exploring data stored in data warehouses (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience with operationalizing data with ETL/ELT tools like Fivetran or Stitch
- Demonstrable fluency with SQL (primarily Snowflake) and experience with Python or R
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Mode, Looker, Tableau, or similar tools
Mezmo is on a mission to empower people who build solutions that shape the world. We’re doing this by delivering a platform that enables enterprises to get more value from their observability data in real time, regardless of source, destination, use case, or scale. We’re not the only ones working on this problem but we have a few things the others don’t.
- We’re cloud-native and know how to make the most of modern technology like Kubernetes.
- We have scaled a solution from zero to petabyte scale in a short amount of time, while supporting thousands of active users across multiple environments.
- We are hungry for change and are surrounded by enterprises telling us they’re hungry, too.
- We have a kick-ass group of people who are thinking about the problem analytically and are excited to change the observability world for the better.
Mezmo has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at Mezmo
At Mezmo, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable Mezmo’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At Mezmo, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.