LogDNA is on a mission to empower people who build solutions that shape the world. We’re doing this by delivering a platform that enables enterprises to get more value from their observability data in real time, regardless of source, destination, use case, or scale. We’re not the only ones working on this problem but we have a few things the others don’t.
- We’re cloud-native and know how to make the most of modern technology like Kubernetes.
- We have scaled a solution from zero to petabyte scale in a short amount of time, while supporting thousands of active users across multiple environments.
- We are hungry for change and are surrounded by enterprises telling us they’re hungry, too.
- We have a kick-ass group of people who are thinking about the problem analytically and are excited to change the observability world for the better.
LogDNA has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
About the role
The primary objective of Developer Relations is to build awareness, engender trust, and enable engineers to be more successful with LogDNA. In this role, you will:
- Write, speak, and edit. You’ll identify and speak at relevant conferences and write key pieces of content to inspire and educate engineers on technical topics. You’ll also provide technical reviews of blog posts, articles, and sales enablement materials, as well as inform the content roadmap to ensure that we’re creating technically compelling and accurate pieces. You’ll even have the opportunity to speak to LogDNA customers as a subject matter expert.
- Engage with the community ecosystem. You’ll participate in relevant technical communities as a practitioner to gain a deep understanding of that community’s needs. You’ll host, sponsor, and attend a wide variety of community events like conferences, meetups, and user groups. You’ll participate in forums, GitHub, Discord, and Slack communities, on social media, and anywhere else engineers gather.
- Influence product strategy. You’ll internally advocate for engineers and—working with product management, engineering, marketing, sales, and support—help influence the direction of our product and how we position ourselves in the market.
- Engage with existing and potential LogDNA community members. When possible, you’ll participate and host roundtables and interactive workshops that connect us to existing and prospective customers around the world while providing insights about the community and the industry.
- Develop DevRel strategy, measurement, and team leadership. You’ll define the Developer Relations strategy to build awareness of and trust in LogDNA, and define how to measure the program’s success. You’ll increase your impact by recruiting other Developer Advocates and leading the Developer Relations team.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Deep empathy for engineers and their problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical curiosity
- A team-first mentality; this is a highly-cross functional role and will interact with nearly every discipline at LogDNA. You thrive in collaborative environments.
- A passion for enabling LogDNA’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful, and ease in connecting with anyone who needs a hand
- A bias towards action and getting things done
- The ability to have fun and who takes the role, but not yourself, seriously
- Relevant developer relations experience
What it’s like to work at LogDNA
At LogDNA, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable LogDNA’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At LogDNA, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. LogDNA is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.