About the Role
As the Director of Product Management, you will lead LogDNA’s team of PMs to drive delivery across a wide surface area of product, ranging from our web-facing dashboards and developer integrations to our large-scale ingestion pipeline and internal platform infrastructure. You will be managing, coaching, and mentoring a growing group of product managers to build a world class developer experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical but understands the importance of making decisions quickly and driving progress above all. (Your least favorite building is a bikeshed.) You care more about finding the right answer than being right, take pride in building products that empower users to do their job better, and are a clear and effective communicator capable of bridging the gap between technical and non-technical audiences.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ensure our product managers are uncovering the right insights, use-cases, and customer challenges and translating them into our roadmap.
- Foster a culture that encourages psychological safety and autonomous decision-making, providing support and mentorship to enable the teams to self-organize and reliably deliver customer value.
- Deeply understand LogDNA’s customers and use-cases, as well as industry trends around observability and log management.
- Help shape product roadmap and strategy through close collaboration with the leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment within the Product/Engineering/Design teams and across the wider company to ensure consistent execution of the roadmap, meeting customer and business needs regularly while staying within technical constraints.
- Work closely with customer success to ensure existing customers are successful and that customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Track quantitative and qualitative product and feature performance, ensuring our solutions are solving the right problems and that we are delivering on promises to our customers.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience leading a team of product managers in a high growth B2B SaaS environment.
- Successful track record shipping technically complex products that have created a positive impact for engineering teams.
- Experience building and managing high functioning, diverse, and inclusive teams.
- High level of comfort working with ambiguity and the ability to take complex situations and distill them down into actionable processes and next steps.
- You should have a deep understanding of software development and operations. You should be able to understand our competitors’ offerings and be able to differentiate our product offerings.
LogDNA is on a mission to empower people who build solutions that shape the world. We’re doing this by delivering a platform that enables enterprises to get more value from their observability data in real time, regardless of source, destination, use case, or scale. We’re not the only ones working on this problem but we have a few things the others don’t.
- We’re cloud-native and know how to make the most of modern technology like Kubernetes.
- We have scaled a solution from zero to petabyte scale in a short amount of time, while supporting thousands of active users across multiple environments.
- We are hungry for change and are surrounded by enterprises telling us they’re hungry, too.
- We have a kick-ass group of people who are thinking about the problem analytically and are excited to change the observability world for the better.
LogDNA has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at LogDNA
At LogDNA, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable LogDNA’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At LogDNA, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. LogDNA is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.