LogDNA, the developer-first log management platform for DevOps-oriented teams, is hiring an Engineering Lead for our Release team. Join a strong mission and values-driven culture as we enable the people who create solutions that shape the world.
Have you been working on CI/CD for a while? Are you excited about making sure code goes from laptop to dozens of environments quickly and cleanly? Are you opinionated but collaborative? We are looking for an experienced Engineer to join our Release Engineering team. You will work closely with the software and site reliability engineering teams to shape and maintain the Golden Path of software delivery at LogDNA.
- Provide hands-on technical direction on all parts of LogDNA’s Golden Path
- Improve quality, security, and performance of the Golden Path
- Coordinate projects with the team’s stakeholders across LogDNA
- Help make sure our documentation is complete, accessible, and provide best practices for users of our tools.
- Facilitate technical decision making on the team, working with our Product Manager to ensure we have the right context and data to make those decisions
- Engage with your distributed engineering peers, on and off team
- Hold regular and productive 1:1's with fellow team members
- Mentor junior engineers to grow their skills and experience
- Fostering psychological safety of the team
- Passionate about open source and developer tools
- Be comfortable at a command line interface
- Desire to improve collaboration and be able to communicate asynchronously
- Passion for identifying and reducing toil through simplification and automation
- Willingness to create and update documentation to facilitate learning and self-service
- Experience with at least one CI/CD management tool such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab CI/CD, etc, with a preference towards Jenkins.
- Experience in a programming or scripting language and the ability to translate to new ones. Python, Java, and Groovy are directly helpful on the team, but NodeJS is very common at LogDNA.
- Comfortable/experienced with a remote position
- Orchestration (Terraform, Ansible)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM)
- Significant open source contributions
- Online community participation
- Startup experience
- Delivering a product that supports users worldwide
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Remote work stipend
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a 100% full-time remote opportunity. LogDNA is based in Mountain View, CA.
At LogDNA, it’s our differences, compassion, and desire to grow that bring us together. We respect the opinions of all people and are champions for diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community.