Software Development Engineer in Test
At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including customers at IBM, Houseparty, ASICS, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated SDET to help us build our evolving, world-class log management system. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, energetic self-starter with a passion for helping to create products that deliver an unmatched customer experience. You will have a team-oriented attitude, a desire to see your team succeed and grow, and the ability to set up processes to execute quickly. You will be results-driven, hold yourself and others to the highest standards and put our customers success first.
Responsibilities (What you'll do)
- Work closely with the product management, design, and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and to ensure quality is a key consideration
- Help establish and evolve formal test processes, ensuring that we are using industry-accepted best practices.
- Work in all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as point of contact for testing aspects of releases, providing testing services and coordinating resources internally and externally.
- Serve as an advisor to other engineers when it comes to software quality.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated with a strong emphasis on automation).
- Strong aptitude for deep technical and root cause testing and analysis
Qualifications (What you'll need)
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of software test methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid scripting knowledge
- Solid understanding of testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline
- Obsession for product quality and customer success
- Keen attention to detail, without forgetting about the big picture
- Strong communication skills with the ability to contribute to technical discussions
Bonus Points (Nice to have)
- Experience with one or more areas in performance, security, functional, regression, and integration testing
- Experience with testing Groovy and/or Jenkins
- Experience with infrastructure/compliance related tooling (i.e.: InSpec, CINC Auditor, testinfra, serverspec, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Node.js
- Delivering a product that supports users worldwide
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- Remote work stipend
- Competitive benefits
- 100% full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Remote work stipend
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a 100% full-time remote opportunity. LogDNA is based in Mountain View, CA.
At LogDNA, it’s our differences, compassion, and desire to grow that bring us together. We respect the opinions of all people and are champions for diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community.