Senior Software Engineer - Datastore Lead
At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including customers at IBM, Houseparty, ASICS, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Datastore Lead Engineer to drive design and develop what is an ever more demanding need to store, index, and search large data volumes under constant cost pressure. Past experience with existing systems in this space, such as Elasticsearch™, Cassandra™, and Postgres, is required to define and drive our next generation approach. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, holds themselves and others accountable, and maintains the highest standards. They will put the customer first and be comfortable with the velocity of a fast-paced startup and not be afraid to tackle the scaling challenges of petabytes of customer data.
- Work closely with the internal teams to understand the requirements around our datastore solution—past, present and future
- Design, implement, and launch critical parts of our system in a fast-paced environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements of our product
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams and with partner companies
- Investigate and improve overall system performance and scalability
- Drive engineering best practices and mentor colleagues
- Significant and relevant industry experience
- Past experience with existing datastore solutions such as Elasticsearch or Cassandra, ideally including architecture, code, and operations
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, databases, and information retrieval)
- Strong understanding of web and SaaS technologies
- Obsession with product quality and customer success
- Keen attention to detail without forgetting about the big picture
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
Bonus Points for Prior Experience:
- Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- REST APIs
- Message queue systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Data mining and machine learning
- Open-source software
- Satisfaction of delivering a product that supports users worldwide
- A fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes, everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO: We mean it, take what you need to stay healthy, happy and focused.
This is a full-time opportunity. LogDNA is based in Mountain View, CA, but with a 100% remote work option. Apply with confidence; fortune favors the bold.
At LogDNA, it’s our differences, compassion, and desire to grow that bring us together. We respect the opinions of all people and are champions for diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community.