At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including customers at IBM, Houseparty, ASICS, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated SDET to help us build our evolving, world-class log management system. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, energetic self-starter with a passion for helping to create products that deliver an unmatched customer experience. You will have a team-oriented attitude, a desire to see your team succeed and grow, and the ability to set up processes to execute quickly. You will be results-driven, hold yourself and others to the highest standards and put our customers success first.
Responsibilities (What you'll do)
- Work closely with the product management, design, and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and to ensure quality is a key consideration
- Help establish and evolve formal test processes, ensuring that we are using industry-accepted best practices.
- Work in all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as point of contact for testing aspects of releases, providing testing services and coordinating resources internally and externally.
- Serve as an advisor to developers when it comes to software quality.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated with a strong emphasis on automation).
- Strong aptitude for deep technical and root cause testing and analysis
Qualifications (What you'll need)
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proven track record in software development
- Proven track record in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software test methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid scripting knowledge
- Solid understanding of testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline
- Obsession for product quality and customer success
- Keen attention to detail, without forgetting about the big picture
- Strong communication skills with the ability to contribute to technical discussions
Bonus Points (Nice to have)
- Experience with one or more areas in performance, security, functional, regression, and integration testing
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or previously Node.js experience is a plus
- Delivering a product that supports users worldwide
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- Remote work stipend
- Competitive benefits
- 100% full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a full-time opportunity. LogDNA is based in Mountain View, CA but can hire for 100% remote.
At LogDNA, it’s our differences, compassion, and desire to grow that bring us together. We respect the opinions of all people and are champions for diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community.