At LogDNA you’ll help us build a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including IBM, Instacart, ASICS and Lime Bike. We’re building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We've achieved 360% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We're YCombinator alumni, venture-backed by Emergence Capital (Salesforce, Box, and Zoom) and Initialized Capital (Reddit, Coinbase, and Patreon). Our team comes from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, having worked on products at Heroku, Facebook, WhatsApp, Sauce Labs, Ripple, among others.
We are looking for a Technical Writer with a high technical aptitude and passion for software development. As the first Technical Writer on the product team, you will play a key role in laying the foundation for LogDNA’s product experience by taking complex information and communicating it clearly and concisely via documentation, developer guides, and other collateral intended to educate our developers. Whether you’re a writer who enjoys development, or a developer looking to get into writing, as long as you have a passion for educating developers with solid written communication, you could be a fit for this role.
What we’ll offer in return is a psychologically safe environment working with a supportive team in a fast-paced environment. We value communication skills and empathy as much as we value intelligence and execution and are looking for someone who prefers finding the right answer than being right, assumes positive intent, and is a clear and effective communicator.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product managers, developers, and support to scope and define user-facing documentation projects
- Write clear and concise user-facing documentation that simplifies technical concepts into easily digestible content
- Review and edit documentation drafts contributed by internal and external stakeholders
- Own and evolve our documentation portal and processes
- Assess and prioritize documentation requirements, supporting new feature launches with product management while working with support to see where we can augment existing documentation
- Create guidelines and best practices for the various types of documentation and content, ensuring consistency in voice and writing style
Who you are:
- Excellent written communication skills
- 3+ years technical writing experience or other relevant experience, whether it’s as a software developer, an advocate, technical support, or in any role that involves educating developers
- Experience working as or with SRE and Development teams
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and break down how they work to both technical and non-technical people
- Technically proficient enough to dig into our product and not only understand how it works, but how to use it yourself
- Insatiably curious, you don’t learn about new concepts because it’s your job, but because you’re generally passionate about learning new things
- Experience working on developer tools and/or B2B products
- Past life as a software developer with a strong understanding of modern software development practices
- Working in a fun, remote-friendly, supportive team environment
- Opportunities to travel for offsites and to collaborate with remote teams
- Free lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee, and drinks
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% Full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Commuter benefits
This is a full-time opportunity based in Mountain View or San Francisco. Apply with confidence - fortune favors the bold.