LogDNA ingests roughly a petabyte of logs every month, and they have to come from somewhere. That's where our team comes in: we build the clients, integrations, and agents that find and send logs in all their forms. It needs to "just work" – which can be hard, especially when you're dealing with as many environments and platforms as there are knock-knock jokes. But maybe you can help? Knock knock…
You'll be working on the Integrations squad. We're focused intensely on improving integrations coverage and features across every possible platform. Really everything: from Raspberry Pi to Red Hat, and Kubernetes to Heroku. We cover it all. And just as important as building new stuff is making sure we don’t break anything for our customers along the way, so we’re hoping you can help us build out our CI/CD platform. With performant, automated integration tests that run across all the environments we support, it’s a lot easier (and safer) to make big moves.
You're right for this role if
- You're a polyglot. You love discovering, understanding, and evangelizing new languages and platforms.
- You explore the unknown. You feel driven to solve problems yourself, share the lessons with your team, and enlist their help when you’re stuck.
- You like having a lot of responsibility. We're a growing team working to solve problems at a scale that's always growing faster, so it’s inevitable that we’ll mess things up. And that’s okay: responsibility means you always make things right in the end.
- Writing, testing, and reviewing code in our 30+ integrations codebases
- Communicating across teams: with support to discover the busted stuff, with backend to make sure we write the right code in the right place, and with product to help make the right decisions for the information we have.
- Design, implement, and launch new features in a fast-paced environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements of our integrations
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams and with partner companies
- Investigate and improve performance in resource-constrained or high-throughput use cases
- Research and development on new integrations and next generations of existing integrations
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and databases
- Strong understanding of server technologies and environments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Self-motivation and a passion to build great products
- Keen attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to security
Nice to haves
- Deep experience in one or more embedded or low-level languages like Rust, C, C++, Objective-C.
- Deep experience in one or more dynamic, fun languages like Node.js, Python, Go or Ruby.
- Experience writing integration tests in a CI/CD pipeline that targets many different environments – bonus if you’ve set that up from the ground up for one or more codebase.
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Free snacks, lunch, drinks, and coffee
- Lots of exciting new projects
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% Full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a full-time opportunity based in Toronto. Apply with confidence - fortune favors the bold.