At LogDNA you’ll help us build a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including IBM, OpenAI, Instacart, and Lime Bike. We’re building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We've achieved 300% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We're Y-Combinator alumni, venture-backed by Emergence Capital (Salesforce, Box, and Zoom) and Initialized Capital (Reddit, Coinbase, and Patreon). Our team comes from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, having worked on products at Heroku, Facebook, WhatsApp, Udacity, Ripple, among others.
At LogDNA, we strive to help developers pinpoint production issues by aggregating all system and application logs into one platform. With a customer base of highly reputable companies and thousands of engineers that ingest billions of events and terabytes of data every day to identify and diagnose production issues, we can ensure our customers are our top priority.
We currently are looking for a passionate Cloud engineer who is a motivated and an influential addition to the team to take part in our continued success and growth. The successful candidate will also be an energetic self-starter with a passion about engaging our customers and ensuring that they have a great experience. He/she will be results-driven, ambitious and enthusiastic about making an impact with an agile, venture-backed, Y Combinator alum start-up.
- Responsible for providing amazing customer service and technical support on a rotating schedule with your team
- Working directly with Ops & Engineering for high priority, on-call situations
- Taking ownership of customer issues, managing customer expectations, and seeing those customer issues through to resolution
- Developing a deep understanding of the LogDNA platform and how our customers use it on a day to day basis
- Provisioning & maintaining testing environments for the support organization
- Writing & maintaining awesome documentation as well as developing playbooks and run books
- Performing change management tasks on live production environments
- Work very closely with our engineering, operations and product teams to discover, triage, and solve complex, technical problems
- 5+ years of experience either in systems engineering, system administration, DevOps, Site Reliability or other highly technical customer engaging role preferred
- Strong systems background in Linux, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and/or Ubuntu
- AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/IBM Cloud experience is required (one or more)
- Containerized deployment knowledge is required
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems is required
- Experience with incident management is preferred but not required
- Deep understanding and ability to troubleshoot distributed systems at scale
- Strong aptitude for doing deep technical and root cause testing and analysis
- Expert at generating awesome technical documentation
- You love solving problems and creating brilliant solutions that have immediate impact on the company
- Basic programming or scripting knowledge is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact with both internal teams and 3rd parties
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with difficult customer situations
- Love working in a fast paced startup environment with team-oriented goals
- Self-starter with a "Get stuff done" attitude and an appetite for learning
- Experience with logging application a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Free snacks, lunch, drinks, and coffee
- Lots of exciting new projects
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% Full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a full-time opportunity based in Toronto. Apply with confidence - fortune favors the bold.