At LogDNA you’ll help us build a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including IBM, OpenAI, Instacart, and Lime Bike. We’re building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We've achieved 300% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We're YCombinator alumni, venture-backed by Emergence Capital (Salesforce, Box, and Zoom) and Initialized Capital (Reddit, Coinbase, and Patreon). Our team comes from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, having worked on products at Heroku, Facebook, WhatsApp, Udacity, Ripple, among others.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Software Engineering Manager to help build and scale our world-class log management system. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a passion for being hands-on, willing to tech lead and mentor engineers. You will have a team-oriented attitude, a desire to see engineers succeed and grow, and the ability to set up processes to execute quickly
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, being ultimately responsible for the health of the systems the team builds.
- Help build and lead software teams through hiring and junior engineers.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- Drive product improvements, continuously looking to make the product faster, easier to use, resilient, and usable.
- Cultivate and influence continuous improvement both in your team and across Engineering; identify and seize opportunities to improve the way we estimate, plan, develop, test, ship and deploy our software and established metrics to measure progress.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams both local and remote
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience including writing production code at scale
- 1+ years of experience managing engineering team
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, databases and information retrieval
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with changing requirements
- Self-motivation and a passion to build great products
- Keen attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to security
- Passion for fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Experience developing a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Free snacks, lunch, drinks, and coffee
- Lots of exciting new projects
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% Full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a full-time opportunity based in Mountain View. Apply with confidence - fortune favors the bold.