LogDNA, a leading intuitive cloud services-based server log management system, strives to help developers and operators pinpoint production issues by aggregating and enriching all system and application logs into one platform. With a customer base of highly reputable companies and thousands of engineers that ingest billions of events and terabytes of data every day to identify and diagnose production issues, we can ensure our customers are our top priority.
Our team is responsible for keeping LogDNA’s systems running smoothly 24x7x365, leveraging our mixture of specialties. We are currently looking for a passionate and motivated engineer who is enthusiastic to join a distributed team, shares our commitment to growing our platform together. A successful candidate should be an energetic self-starter with a passion for continuous improvement and a desire to positively impact a growing venture-backed, Y Combinator alum start-up.
- Be in an On-call rotation to respond to suprises
- Support our support engineers on customer incidents
- Engage with your distributed teammates
- Manage our infrastructure with Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Focus improvements in monitoring and alerting towards early detection and reducing pager fatigue
- Continuously improve our tooling and pipelines for building and maintaining our products
- Work to make production as boring as possible
- Be comfortable at a command line interface
- Know how to use a version control system such as git
- Understand the fundamentals of configuration management
- Desire to improve collaboration and be able to communicate asynchronously
- Passion for identifying and reducing toil through simplification and automation
- Willingness to create and update documentation to facilitate learning for yourself and the team
- Strong experience in a programming or scripting language and the ability to translate to new ones
- Datastores (ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GKE)
- Linux (EL, Ubuntu, CoreOS, Alpine)
- CI/CD Tooling (CircleCI, Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Configuration management tools (ex. Chef, Saltstack, Puppet, Ansible)
This position is purely a contract role working remotely. Apply with confidence - fortune favors the bold.