At LogDNA, a leading intuitive cloud services-based server log management system, we strive to help developers pinpoint production issues by aggregating all system and application logs into one platform. With a customer base of highly reputable companies and thousands of engineers that ingest billions of events and terabytes of data every day to identify and diagnose production issues, we can ensure our customers are our top priority.
We're looking for a passionate and motivated Senior Backend Engineer to help us build our fast-growing world-class log management system. You’ll work on every part of the data pipeline, from integration with external systems, data ingestion and processing, search, and API design, while dealing with all of the challenges of handling big data - petabytes of data a day and growing.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and focused on impact, comfortable with the velocity of a fast-paced startup and excited to tackle the scaling challenges of big data.
- Design, implement, and launch critical product features in a fast-paced environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements of our platforms
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams and with partner companies
- Investigate and improve overall system performance
- Research and development on technical solutions for the next generation of our product
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, databases and information retrieval
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
- Self-motivation and a passion to build great products
- Keen attention to detail, particularly as it pertains to security
Bonus Points for Prior Experience:
- Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- REST APIs
- Redis, MongoDB or ElasticSearch
- Message Queue systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Data mining and machine learning
- Working in a nimble start up environment
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Free snacks, lunch, drinks, and coffee
- Lots of exciting new projects
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- 100% Full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a full-time opportunity based in Toronto. Apply with confidence - fortune favors the bold.