Full time. As soon as possible.
Lofelt is developing cutting-edge haptic technology. Our aim is to provide the most remarkable haptic experiences on the market – spearheading the adoption of high-definition haptics in mobile, AR/VR, headset and gaming industries. We are currently working with world-renowned brands to improve the user experience in some of the most recognized consumer products.
Encouraged by growing demand for high-definition haptics, we are embarking on a period of rapid growth with support from major-league investors.
What you will do
- Develop Lofelt’s firmware for real-time processing of HD haptics, a key part of our core technology.
- Innovate with a small group of experts and professionals and bring our proprietary haptic system to the next level.
- Collaborate with the team to drive product vision and take ownership of the project.
- Lead and participate in architectural and design discussions with the team and OEM partners.
- Question, recognize and stay ahead of problems, lead team’s thought process to determine solutions and decisions.
- Work closely with hardware engineers for rapid, hands-on prototyping.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years work experience in embedded/firmware development
- Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++ and ARM Cortex-M processors
- Background in DSP/communication protocol is a plus
- Experience developing Android firmware is a plus
- Proactive and have experience collaborating closely with different teams
- Able to effectively communicate your ideas to a global team
- Strong leadership qualities, independent thinker yet team-oriented
- Well-rounded engineer and passionate about new technology
- Analytical and pragmatic when problem solving
- Organized, thorough and takes responsibility over projects from start to finish
- Excited to learn and improve
- Fluent in English
We encourage potential candidates to apply who don't precisely match the job experience but have comparable backgrounds.
What we offer
- A key role in a young, dynamic, ambitious deep-tech company and a highly-qualified international team building products we love.
- Working on cutting-edge technology and ample opportunity to bring in your own ideas.
- Autonomy and responsibility over your own projects.
- Deep involvement in the design of a real product with real-world constraints.
- The chance to work on multi-functional challenges that involve mechanical design, electronics and software.
- Collaborating with international Tier-1 brands to enhance products that provide new and meaningful experiences for millions of people.
- A generous options package and long-term benefit from the company's success.
- An open, friendly and respectful culture.
- A big and open office located in a vibrant part of Berlin’s Kreuzberg neighborhood.
Our company is built on ideas from different fields – and different people. We pride ourselves on the wonderfully-diverse team we’ve put together and are committed to an inclusive company culture as we expand and grow. We celebrate our differences and offer equal opportunity and consideration for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age.
Help us create the most remarkable haptic experiences of the future.
To apply, please fill out the application form below. We look forward to receiving your application!
More insights into the work at Lofelt can be found on our blog: https://lofelt.com/blog