Full-time. As soon as possible. Berlin based.
Lofelt is developing cutting-edge haptic technology. Our aim is to provide the most remarkable haptic experiences on the market – spearheading the adoption of high-definition haptics in mobile, AR/VR, headset and gaming industries. We have designed the Basslet, an innovative music subwoofer that delivers bass straight to the body so you can feel music, and teamed up with Razer to launch Hypersense and a series of high-end gaming products using Lofelt technology.
Driven by growing demand for high-definition haptics, we are embarking on a period of rapid growth with support from major-league investors.
What you will do
- You will design and simulate new haptic motors for use in future products.
- You will create the mechanical design of future Lofelt products from idea to production.
- You will lead and participate in design and manufacturing discussions with the team, founders, and partners, and will have the opportunity to help drive the direction of our product vision.
- You will establish the design integrity of each product (manufacturing documentation, technical drawings).
- You will closely work with our manufacturing partners to review DFM and participate in electro-mechanical integration at our manufacturers.
- Work cross-functional with other engineering teams (electrical, prototyping, embedded, biz dev)
What we are looking for
- 3+ years work experience in mechanical engineering
- Experience in design and simulation of dynamic systems and/or motors
- Strong hands-on approach to prototyping
- Good knowledge in electromagnetics and vibrations
- Experience in DFM, DFA and DFC
- Skilled and experienced in Solidworks or similar drafting program
- Experience in Comsol or similar multiphysics software
- Strong risk-assessment skills
- BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Organized, thorough and takes responsibility over projects from start to finish
We encourage potential candidates to apply who don't precisely match the job experience but have comparable backgrounds.
What we offer
- A key role in a young, dynamic, ambitious deep-tech company and a highly-qualified international team building products we love.
- Working on cutting-edge technology and ample opportunity to bring in your own ideas.
- Autonomy and responsibility over your own projects.
- Deep involvement in the design of a real product with real-world constraints.
- The chance to work on multi-functional challenges that involve mechanical design, electronics and software.
- Collaborating with international tier-1 brands to enhance products that provide new and meaningful experiences for millions of people.
- A generous options package and long-term benefit from the company's success.
- Relocation support.
- An open, friendly and respectful culture.
- A big and open office located in a vibrant part of Berlin’s Kreuzberg neighborhood.
Our company is built on ideas from different fields – and different people. We pride ourselves on the wonderfully-diverse team we’ve put together and are committed to an inclusive company culture as we expand and grow. We celebrate our differences and offer equal opportunity and consideration for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or age.
Help us create the most remarkable haptic experiences of the future.
More insights into the work at Lofelt can be found on our blog: https://lofelt.com/blog
To apply, please fill out the application form below. If you have work samples, please also send. We look forward to receiving your application!