At LODAS Markets, we're aiming to create a level of liquidity for alternative investments that has never before existed. Do you want to hop aboard and revolutionize a MULTI-TRILLION dollar market, or do you want to watch from the sidelines? (Hint: There's only one right answer, so get the heck over here!)
THE OPPORTUNITY (WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT)
We are looking for a full stack staff software engineer who loves delivering robust code and shipping frequently. You'll make high-impact decisions daily and have a dedicated interest to help shape the future of LODAS. You’ll work across our full product suite and drive new & existing product features from start to finish.
You should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You are motivated & energetic, take initiative, enjoy finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, detail-oriented, and take pride in your work.
BENEFITS (WHY WE'RE AMAZING)
Wonderful Paradoxes. We have a special culture that embraces being a "wonderful paradox." Each of us is professionally driven, but personally laid back. Rational but kind-hearted. Smart but humble. Self-starters but highly collaborative. Strategy-minded but execution-oriented.
Dolla' Dolla' Billz Y'all. We have an entirely unique approach to salary that makes it ridiculously competitive, fair, and equitable. You'll absolutely plotz when you hear about it.
A Little Walkin' Around Money. All employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program, which is distinctive because it is based on us hitting certain milestones and is paid throughout the year as we hit them.
Retire to Costa Rica. How do you generate REAL wealth? Equity. And every L employee receives stock options when they join as well as every year of employment starting on their 2 1/2-year anniversaries.
Be Responsible Like Your Parents Always Wanted. We don't have a 401(k) yet, but at some point we will, and when we do, you'll be able to save like mad and retire to Costa Rica TWICE.
Try Out Costa Rica Before You Retire There. We have an unprescribed vacation policy, which means there is no set limit of vacation days, and as long as you're killing it at your job and your manager is fine with it, you can take as much vacation as you want. Guilt free!
Oh Canada! Currently, we cover 100% of employees' medical, dental, and vision premiums in our healthcare plan (although that policy is always subject to change given how bonkers healthcare rates can get). Want a set of gold-plated grillz? It's on us! (Well, as long as our insurance covers it, which it probably doesn't.)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (WHY YOU'RE AMAZING)
- 6+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience writing and debugging SQL
- Experience writing well tested code
- Strong understanding of version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies and processes
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (WHY YOU'RE SUPER AMAZING)
- Experience working in a tech startup
- Experience writing React/Typescript applications
- Experience writing Django/Python applications
- Experience working with PostgreSQL
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems (e.g. Docker)
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) including ECS, Lambda, S3, SQS, Aurora, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Familiar with Github Actions or another CI/CD pipeline automation framework
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field