The Technical Support Specialist is a highly motivated and capable person delivering world class support to our growing enterprise and commercial customer base.
As part of Locus Energy’s (a Genscape Business) Client Services Team, the Technical Support Specialist interfaces directly with our customers and internal stakeholders to resolve their technical challenges, ranging from software and platform support to remote troubleshooting of Locus Energy and third party hardware. The Client Services Team responsibilities also include firmware and cellular plan management, maintaining and managing customer-facing collateral and training, and managing data quality for our fleet of performance data.
The ideal candidate for this position is customer-focused, comfortable working in a small group environment, and willing to put in whatever effort is required to get the job done. Passion for renewable energy technologies is a major asset, as is an aptitude for technical concepts.
A typical day in the life of the Technical Support Specialist will include the following:
- Provide incoming and outgoing phone and email support for both internal and external customers.
- Proactively manage customer satisfaction and service delivery.
- Act as technical expert on Locus Energy software and hardware, and the solar hardware that it interfaces with.
- Develop productive relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure customer success.
- Make internal teams aware of any customer issues and help prioritize work based on customer point of view
Over your first few months in this position, you know you’re successful if you:
Within 30 days
- Can understand the basics of Locus Energy hardware and software within the first 2 weeks.
- Can grasp the basics of the solar industry and understand Locus Energy's role within the industry within the first 2 weeks.
- Can respond to basic residential customer and installer emails and voicemails within the first 3 weeks.
Within 60 days
- Can answer incoming calls and support emails with support from your peers.
- Understand the internal team dynamics of Locus Energy and understand the roles and responsibilities of each team.
- Can identify areas where the Client Services Team needs support and provide assistance where necessary.
Within 90 days
- Can independently support incoming technical support inquiries.
- Can confidently demonstrate knowledge of solar technology, networking, and Locus Energy hardware and software.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an Engineering or Environmental discipline
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You possess an ability to quickly learn new technology and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You show strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- You have at around 0-2 years of work experience
- You have a passion for renewable energy projects and technology!
Once you land this position, you’ll get to enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where employees are viewed as the company’s greatest asset and critical to our success.
- Being part of a team of extremely talented analysts, engineers, technologists and more.
- A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance and encouragement to make a big impact where you work.
- Excellent benefits and numerous perks!