Locus Energy is looking for a talented engineer to join our Application Engineering team in India to help in DAS/SCADA development & commissioning of Renewable Energy Power Plants across the Asia Pacific region. If you find the idea of integrating data from new solar generation equipment into a system that processes millions of transactions a day exciting, we are looking for you.
Locus Energy is a leading provider of monitoring and analytics for distributed renewable energy systems. We have offices in downtown San Francisco, Hoboken and Delhi. We are building a team of individuals who are excited about creating smarter software to reduce the cost of managing solar energy systems, and thereby accelerating the shift away from fossil fuels.
A Day in the Life of a SCADA Engineer on our Team:
- Provide the technical help in the SCADA development and commissioning for solar projects.
- Identify the risk and make the Project Lead and Manager aware of possible challenges and potential solutions.
- Work directly with the Vendors and monitor its quality and timely project completion.
- Attitude to learn any new products & different SCADA application exist in the market.
- Willingness to take initiative to improve the product quality and lean operation.
- Understanding on-site device/application failures and provide technical analysis with solutions to existing projects.
- Define the Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test procedure and Test cases
Our Ideal Candidate:
Capable of providing the Technical Leadership in the below areas-
- Configuration and diagnostic of the RTU,SCADA communication protocols
- DNP3, Modbus,IEC60870-5-101/104, NTP,SNMP or any protocol
- Configure the HMI, Historian, Alarms, Events
- SCADA development experience on preferable platform of SEL-RTAC/DAP100/GE-iFIX/Cimplicity/Wonderware.
- Networking basics.
This experience would be a PLUS!
- SCADA Plant Engineering & Commissioning Experience
- Product Testing Experience in the SCADA products.
- Experience interfacing with Automation vendor or customer interactions
- Sub-station SCADA
- Experience with SEL-RTAC, Wonderware system and products are advantage.
- Candidate must have a recognized Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Control and Instrument or similar education background with at least four (4) years of experience in similar design and installation for power plant industry.
- Mature character required with ability to contribute effectively to the design coordination, construction management, ensuring quality deliverables.
- Should be able to work in a team environment.