Locus Energy (a Genscape company) is looking for a talented engineer to join our team. If you find the idea of integrating data from new solar generation equipment into a system that processes millions of transactions a day exciting, we are looking for you.
Locus Energy is a leading provider of monitoring and analytics for distributed renewable energy systems. We are a fast growing startup, and have offices in downtown San Francisco and Hoboken. We are building a team of individuals who are excited about creating smarter software to reduce the cost of managing solar energy systems, and thereby accelerating the shift away from fossil fuels.
This position will be responsible for control and SCADA engineering on renewable energy power plants. Engineering experience with power and control systems, data acquisition and telecommunications is required. Field experience in SCADA, power systems, testing/commissioning and/or telecommunications is a plus.
A Typical Day in the Life of a Senior SCADA Engineer will include:
- Providing SCADA expertise on solar power systems during the development, construction and operations.
- Designing standard battery storage and solar control and SCADA systems that include: control and HMI cabinet, SCADA cabinet, SCADA architecture drawings, fiber optic one-line drawings, patch panel details, points lists, communication panel and overall communication plan.
- Generating contract documents that clearly define the scope of work and responsibility matrix for all SCADA cabinet manufacturers/supplier, SCADA equipment installers, communication/fiber/T1 providers, and Utility/QSE
- Managing consultants and subcontractors for SCADA phone calls, deliverables, testing, bill of materials, budgets, and system completion
- Working closely with the client’s team, as well as internal stakeholder to execute projects.
- Performing SCADA system installation inspections systems to confirm the SCADA system has been installed per clients’ requirements.
- Programming substation SEL RTAC, and communication hardware using standard SCADA protocols such as Modbus or DNP3 protocol
- Troubleshooting power plant control and communication problems during construction and operations. Work will be done both remotely and onsite as needed.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a knowledge of Distributed Generation
- You have experience with HMIs, PLCs ( RTAC experience is a plus)
- You have managed switches
- You have experience working with Firewalls, Networking, Meters and Relays
- You have dealt with Fiber optic cable installations
- You have a minimum 5-7 years of proven utility or industrial experience that includes a proven track record of working on large capital-industrial construction projects.
- You have a familiarity with and ability to stay current regarding changing regulatory requirements.
- You have an expertise and the necessary skills to interface with the client and have been instrumental in delivering on time, cost effective projects.
- You have the ability to work effectively with operations and other groups to ensure that project delivery and quality issues are met.
- You have a valid Driver’s License and are open to 10-20% travel