Backend Software Engineer
Who We Are
Shadow is a new technology company under the ACRONYM umbrella dedicated to building power within the progressive movement. Our tools and platforms enable democratic campaigns and other progressive organizations to reach a wider audience of supporters and make sense of the data available to them. To achieve this, Shadow is looking for a Backend Software Engineer that will help us build the products that further this mission.
This is a full time position based in New York or Seattle, but can be filled remotely by the right person.
Who You Are
You are an Backend Software Engineer with a passion for solving difficult problems. You have experience working with and productionizing distributed, highly available systems. You always consider security in your designs. You have experience debugging live systems. You have experience with or interest in learning Ops/SRE processes. You are someone inspired by progressive causes and are looking for an opportunity to join the fight and make an impact. You love working in a collaborative environment as part of a close-knit but rapidly growing team. You are creative, a good communicator and ready to work hard for the mission.
Our stack includes the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, Python, Java, Node.js (Typescript), Postgres, Kubernetes, Firebase, CircleCI. Don’t worry if you haven’t used all of these though, we are committed to teaching and ongoing learning.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for the progressive movement and a mission-oriented attitude
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience building software that has shipped
- Knowledge of the software product lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Strong project and time management skills
- Experience presenting ideas and receiving feedback from collaborators
Nice To Have
- Experience working on political campaigns or with progressive organizations
- Experience with data pipelining, ETL, and associated frameworks such as Apache Beam
Shadow is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly urge women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, color, marital status, veteran status, or medical conditions.