ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Data Analyst to support the buildout and maintenance of the data infrastructure that powers programs to advance progressive policies, values and candidates. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, or Denver.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 to 4 years experience using data in support of more than one of the following: electoral campaigns, progressive advocacy, digital and online advocacy, distributed campaigning, movement building, digital ads campaigns, or grassroots mobilization
- A record of and an interest in deriving tangible insights from data through the use of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, etc.)
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices with the broader progressive community
- Some knowledge of digital organizing tactics and tools
- Experience or knowledge of digital paid media strategies, platforms and best practices are desired but not required
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
- A willingness to get in the weeds and help solve hairy data problems
- Advanced SQL, Excel/Google Sheet skills + experience with at least one data visualization tool
- The ability to create and manage data pipelines and scripts written in Python is useful, but not required
- Support the Data Director to design and own efficient organizational data infrastructure including tools, processes, and procedures
- Structure hard problems, analyze large data sets, while collaborating in cross-functional teams
- Consistently deliver insights from data to teams to power a data-driven culture
- Lead in creation of partner and donor materials, and ensure on-time progress and delivery of data projects
- Create and manage user-friendly dashboards for ACRONYM programs (in Tableau or Periscope) both for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with teammates to understand KPIs and other key metrics that are foundational to ACRONYM’s success and then tailor data analysis that supports the team’s learnings
- Stay up-to-date on the latest data tools and trends to constantly offer innovative approaches to ACRONYM’s use of data
- Set a positive, fun and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $65,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.