ACRONYM is an organization that specializes in digital organizing and marketing strategies to help create change and build progressive political power in the world. Our work empowers progressive organizations and campaigns to use digital tools and channels to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take action. We believe in integrity, innovation, and unabiding persistence -- and those values guide the work that we do on every project we are grateful to partner on.
ACRONYM is is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to support our teams on various projects. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
Senior Graphic Designer
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years of creative experience, especially in digital channels
- Well-rounded knowledge of web, print, and multimedia applications using
Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio that reflects strong conceptual thinking, exceptional design aesthetic, and versatility
- Ability to generate new ideas and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in branding process, and upholding brand standards
- Strong typographic skills
- Knowledge of current UX/UI design, strategy and standards desired but not required
- Design and develop award-winning websites, digital/social media ads, print collateral for all ACRONYM projects and campaigns
- Turn insights from analytics into tangible design concepts
- Provides a trusted quality filter on all work by evaluating designs based on usability
- Conducts brainstorm sessions and develops concepts in collaboration with campaigners that are strategically sound, on brand, and result in high engagement
- Provide useful feedback to inform design process
- Proactively manage the creative pipeline to ensure work is delivered on-brief and on time
- Seek opportunities to codify knowledge and train others on best practices
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team to produce provocative and engaging work
- Set a positive, fun and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $80,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.