ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a video editor to lead on video production for the creative department. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3–5+ years experience in journalism and/or video production
- Deep understanding of the social and digital video space
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats
- Design skills, with an ability to tell a story visually in a wide variety of styles and aesthetics
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing production environment
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite desired but not required
- Proactively pitches ideas to communicate concepts through video content pieces
- Develops video content that drives high engagement from ideation to a final product in support of progressive causes
- Obtains, manages, and keeps organized a stockpile of narrative assets for video content such as: source footage, imagery, b-roll, voice-overs, background sound, and music
- Maintains brand tone & voice through videos
- Communicates openly across the team to ensure appropriate and timely dissemination of content
- Works with manager to make sure that work is delivered on brief, and manages priorities and scheduling across many projects at once
- Maintains open and honest communication with all team members, raising concerns or flags as they arise (filming issues, content concerns, availability conflicts, approaching deadlines, etc.)
- Consistently shares examples of innovation in their area of expertise in production meetings with colleagues and clients to inspire new ideas.
- Develops processes for managing archived footage and deliverables post-production
- Keeps up to date with trends in social video content, and regularly seeks out learning opportunities to master new skills
- Maintains a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and espouses ACRONYM’s overarching values in day-to-day work (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $65,000 and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.