Who We Are
Shadow is a technology company dedicated to building power within the progressive movement. Our tools and platforms enable campaigns and other progressive organizations to reach a wider audience of supporters and make sense of the data available to them.
To achieve this, Shadow is looking for a Product Designer that will help make our products as usable and delightful as possible. We are an organization that believes good technology is only useful when married to a strong product vision, so your work here will be a critical part of our mission and success.
This is a full time position based in New York, but can be filled remotely by the right person.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Product Designer with a real passion for crafting beautiful and accessible UX and design. You are someone inspired by progressive causes and are looking for an opportunity to join the fight and make an impact. You love working in a collaborative environment as part of a close-knit but rapidly growing team. You are skilled at wireframing and prototyping and are excited to work with our product managers and engineers to bring products to life. You are creative, a good communicator and ready to work hard.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for the progressive movement and a mission-oriented attitude
- 1 to 2 years of product design experience for web based software products
- Knowledge of the software product lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Experience using industry standard prototyping and wireframing tools, such as InVision, Sketch etc.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Experience presenting ideas and receiving feedback from collaborators
Nice To Have
- Experience working on political campaigns or with progressive organizations
Shadow is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly urge women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, color, marital status, veteran status, or medical conditions.