ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Campaign Director to support the strategic development and execution of digital organizing and media campaigns that will advance progressive policies, values and candidates. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 to 8 years experience building digital-first advocacy campaigns or electoral programs
- A proven track record of running and winning campaigns for progressive candidates or causes at the state level
- A robust analysis of power and an understanding of theory of change that drives campaign strategy
- A commitment to data-driven program design and impact, and a strong affinity for experimentation and testing, including an understanding of diverse testing methods and benchmarks related to social or political impact
- Management experience, with the ability to deliver feedback effectively and gracefully
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- A reputation for effective management of partnership and team relationships
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices with the broader progressive community
- A background in content creation, production and narrative development for campaigns
- Depth of knowledge of digital organizing tactics, tools and content best practices that produce high action rates using email, SMS, call tools, and/or social media
- Experience or knowledge of digital media strategies, platforms and best practices are recommended but not required
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
- Design, manage, and drive campaign strategies that ladder up to impact goals
- Manage resource allocation across interdisciplinary staff assigned to the program and ensure that this team runs efficiently and effectively
- Own an organized system for project management of timeline and deliverables across the program
- Provide insightful feedback to guide content development, program execution + constant optimization
- Build efficient systems and processes for quality assurance, optimization and reporting
- Propose experiments to test assumptions and figure out most effective way to achieve outcomes
- Identify when a strategy is not working and provide pivots to realign
- Lead partner conversations, relationships and coordination efforts that steer toward desired outcomes
- Provide value when supporting Senior Director of Campaigns in building strategic partner and funder relationships
- Conduct coaching and training for teammates and partners to empower them to develop their campaigning skills and professional development
- Codify best practices + knowledge for thought leadership both inside and outside of the organization
- Set a positive, fun and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $100,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.