ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact — and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
ACRONYM is seeking highly motivated individuals who are eager to learn about the world of progressive campaigning — from relational organizing, to paid media, to creative production and everything in-between. The intern program will include a 9-week curriculum covering trainings from strategic campaigning to digital media to creative content, and more. In addition to these trainings, interns will be expected to roll up their sleeves and pitch in on project work, which will help to solidify the learnings from the trainings and provide real-world experience on fast-moving political strategy and campaign work.
The goal of the program is to recruit and train a cohort of enthusiastic progressives equipping them with the skills they need to contribute to high-impact progressive campaigns in the future. Our express goal is to grow the bench of talented, digital natives who can make an immediate impact on campaigns.
The summer intern program will run from Monday, June 3 through Friday, August 9. This is a paid internship — interns will be expected to work 20-25 hours/week and will be paid $15/hour. It can be based in Washington DC, New York City, or Denver.
Applications are open until March 1 and will be considered on a rolling basis until the 10 intern slots are filled. Please include a resume and cover letter that answers the question: why does civic and/or political action matter to you?
If you are seeking college credit for this internship, please let us know the requirements of your college or university. Questions are always welcome, please reach out to email@example.com for more information!
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for progressive organizing, electoral politics, and social change — and an intention to start a career in electoral politics or advocacy
- The ability to learn quickly, adapt to new information and changing circumstances, and to pivot from one idea or project to another in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A “no task is too big or too small” attitude, and the willingness to pitch in and be a team player
- The ability to synthesize information and ask questions to identify the best tactics
- Attend weekly trainings, ask questions and be proactive in mastering the content
- Play an integral role in helping innovative campaigns mobilize voters, organize volunteers, and win campaigns
- Commit to continued participation in ACRONYM’s learning community and applying the skills and knowledge learned during the internship program to work in the progressive movement
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
This is a part-time paid internship for $15/hour for 10 weeks, with interns working an average of 20-25 hours a week based on their schedules. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.