ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Deputy Communications Director to support ACRONYM’s communications team in managing the strategies and priorities across the organization and within ACRONYM programs. This is a full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
Deputy Communications Director
The ideal candidate will have:
- Approximately 5-8 years of experience developing and managing short and long-term communications strategies
- Understanding of cross-channel communications campaigns and opportunities to leverage paid, earned, owned and organic media to build narratives among various audiences
- Familiarity of social media platforms
- Experience being on the record and developing relationships with external audiences, media
- Experience developing, managing and executing daily/monthly press plans
- A background working with political campaigns or advocacy organizations is desired but not required
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong partnership, people and communication skills
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices
- Consistently identifies creative strategies for long-term and rapid response campaigns in the progressive political landscape
- Serve as external-facing spokesperson for the organization and primary point of contact for media for the organization
- Manage successful development and execution of external-facing press plans, including rollouts of campaigns, ongoing positioning and proactive engagement with external partners and press around ACRONYM programs and goals
- Develop and enforce style guidelines to inform social media content development across channels
- Serve as an effective advisor within ACRONYM teams on communication strategy to reach identified audiences through specific channels, campaigns and programs
- Build trust and rapport when working with external partners to develop joint communication strategies, when applicable and necessary
- Provide insightful feedback for senior leadership team on communications strategies, by doing media preparation and creating external-facing communications materials for partners, media and investors
- Set up processes to ensure that direct reports reach their professional development goals
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $80,000 /annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.