ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Analytics Director to drive the strategic development and execution of experimentation, testing and reporting across all ACRONYM programs and to cultivate and nurture a data-driven learning and reporting culture throughout the organization, staff and programs. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of experience in politics, technology, data analytics or ideally some combination of the three
- Experience managing experimental design and execution
- A keen understanding that all decision points should be data-driven, as well as the tools/technology used to drive those decisions
- A strong ability to translate between decision makers and analysts/technologists
- A strong familiarity with common data tools such as Excel or SQL
- A working understanding of political data and voter files
- Proven project management experience and experience managing staff
- Knowledge and experience using the most commonly used tools in the digital space, including Facebook Ads Manager and Google Analytics
- Experience managing partner relationships, including strategic collaborations and reporting
- A successful track record managing and empowering a team of people to reach their professional development goals
- A reputation for effective management of partnership and team relationships
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
- Develop and execute a strategy for creating a data-driven culture throughout every aspect of ACRONYM’s programs and campaigns, aligned and in support of the overall mission and goals of the organization
- In collaboration with senior leadership, develop intermediate and long-term plans for testing and experimentation with three goals in mind:
- Ongoing iteration, improvement, and optimization of digital and cross-channel media and organizing campaigns
- Longer-term understanding of the most effective methods/tactics of using digital tools to achieve desired outcomes
- Dissemination of key learnings throughout the progressive campaign community
- Lead the data and analytics team at ACRONYM by managing analysts to work efficiently and effectively with program/campaign teams
- Develop systems, business rules, and tools that will streamline and standardize data inputs, processes, and outputs in close coordination with the Data Director
- Develop and/or provide consult on the development of reporting tools that support campaign teams’ ability to get quick and actionable insights from data
- Drive organizational learning from data across teams and departments
- Work across departments to determine use of organizational data and identify places of overlap and collaboration
- Manage external data and analytics consultants to ensure timely delivery of contracted products and services
- Guide the professional development, thought leadership and success of analytics team including full-time staff and interns
- Set a positive, fun, and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $100,000 annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.