ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Content Producer to manage daily development of rapid response creative across campaigns. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Approximately 3-5 years experience developing content for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Google etc.
- A track record of growing and sustaining an engaged social media following on at least one channel
- A portfolio that reflects strong conceptual thinking, exceptional design aesthetic, and versatility
- Experience developing, managing and executing rapid response campaigns, either for political or news brands
- Keen understanding and demonstrated knowledge of evolving best practices for creative content across multiple social media platforms
- Strong project and time management skills
- A drive to constantly innovate, create and learn
- Experience with producing social media static, gif and/or video content and Adobe Photoshop proficiency is required
- After Effects proficiency desired but not required
- A background working with political campaigns or advocacy organizations is desired but not required. A passion for politics is required.
- Conceptualize and create content across campaigns that demonstrably moves people to action
- Leverage data and insights to inform content production across platforms
- Develop creative content and copy ideas for social media channels unique to specific platforms
- Enforce quality assurance systems to ensure content is within spec and error-free
- Codify best practices and learnings to train others both internally and externally
- Consistently shares examples of innovation in their area of expertise with the team to inspire new ideas
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
- Set a positive, fun, and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign organization and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $80,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.