ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a Senior Director of Campaigns to support the strategic development and execution of digital organizing and media campaigns that will advance progressive policies, values and candidates. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or can be filled remotely for the right candidate.
Senior Director of Campaigns
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8-10 years experience leading and winning electoral campaigns or politically-minded advocacy programs in the U.S.
- Deep experience crafting campaign strategies that incorporate organizing, owned, earned, and paid media tactics to deliver measurable impact
- Keen understanding of structural and cultural barriers that prevent campaigns and movements from building political power or modern, nimble infrastructure
- A commitment to data-driven program design and impact, and a strong affinity for experimentation and testing, including an understanding of diverse testing methods and benchmarks related to social or political impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit that consistently looks for novel ways to approach problems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a timely manner
- Experience managing funder, partner and political relationships, including strategic collaboration, coalition building, fundraising, coordinated experimentation and reporting desired, but not required
- A successful track record recruiting, managing and empowering a diverse team of people to reach their professional development goals
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- A reputation for effective management of partnership and team relationships
- A drive to constantly challenge conventional wisdom and traditional models and an obsessive commitment to testing, learning, evolving and sharing new models and best practices
- A roll-up-your-sleeves and ego-free approach to the work and mission of the organization is a must
- Build, manage and support the professional development and training of direct reports
- Oversee strategic campaign and program planning efforts to establish program goals, key performance indicators, and the operational plans, capacity and accountability measures needed to achieve those goals
- Cultivate a testing culture by approving experiments to test assumptions and figuring out the most effective way to achieve outcomes
- Make strategic data-driven decisions on where to invest resources, capacity and strategic programs informed by our unique capabilities and opportunities to make the greatest impact
- Build, support fundraising for, and manage the strategic allocation of six-to-seven-figure program budgets
- Build partner relationships at the senior-most level that unlock opportunities for funding and coordination that enables both innovation and the maximization of resources
- Approve partnerships, strategies and tactics that maximize the team’s ability to win campaigns
- Accountable for building efficient team processes and infrastructure for long-term campaign planning, rapid response and growth-minded scalability
- Identify and capitalize on external opportunities to drive thought leadership, earned media and dissemination of learnings and intellectual property throughout the progressive community
- Set a positive, fun and inspiring team culture guided by ACRONYM’s overarching values (empowerment, innovation, impact, empathy, and radical honesty)
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $125,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.