ACRONYM is an organization committed to building political power and digital infrastructure for the progressive movement. We design and deploy strategic media, advertising and organizing programs to advance this mission and develop resources and trainings to empower other progressive organizations and campaigns to leverage digital tools, tactics and platforms to reach, inspire and mobilize people to take civic and political action. We believe in integrity, innovation, radical honesty, creative and measurable impact -- and infuse those values into every program and partnership we take on.
To advance this work, ACRONYM is seeking a media planner to help run digital paid media campaigns. This full-time position and can be based in Washington DC, New York, Denver, or remote for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 to 4 years experience building digital-first paid marketing programs
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology and analytics integrate
- The ability to figure out innovative ways to meet different campaign goals through paid digital media tactics
- The ability to persuasively and passionate articulate how we plan to achieve campaign goals using digital media tactics
- Skilled at understanding trends and best practices across all digital channels
- Superior analytical skills, strategic thinking and a critical eye
- Desire to collaborate with other campaign strategy and creative in order to build the most impactful and efficient program possible
- Desire to seek out innovative ways to test tactics and leverage Facebook and Adwords interfaces to conduct testing, analyze results and inform future media decisions
- A keen eye for efficiencies to maximize reach and budget
- The ability to be radically honest about the efficacy of program
- Intermediate or advanced experience in Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords Editor, self-serve programmatic platforms
- Intermediate // Advanced Excel skills, including use of pivot tables, look-up functions
- Experience developing and executing program reporting
- Great attention to detail
- Positive attitude and collaborative approach to work
- A background working with political campaigns or advocacy organizations is desired but not required
- A drive to constantly learn, evolve and share best practices
- Work collaboratively with team to build scenarios, budgets, calculators based on a list of priorities in terms of strategic objectives, testing opportunities, messaging priorities, creative deliverables, and specs.
- Build target audiences and identify supplemental opportunities to reach target demographics, including pulling lists from voter file platforms
- Create and defend media plan scenarios by evaluating partner requirements, evaluating available inventory, preparing specification and ad flight schedules
- Adjust media plan scenarios in real-time throughout campaign to reflect changes or new information throughout execution of program
- Proactively build out a repository of all digital inventory options and be able to weigh the cost and benefits for programs with of varying budgets
- Identify opportunities to test new vendors or inventory and work with campaign team to execute tests, analyze results and use to optimize media decisions
- Gather, organize and present competitive research and spending data
- Develop an advanced understanding targeting options and work with campaign strategist to integrate into program strategy
- Provide clear key performance indicators, testing and optimization plans
- Set up reporting, pacing and analysis plan
- Take ownership of and retain accountability for partner media plans and budgets
- In partnership with media ops, manage the execution of managed programmatic campaigns
ACRONYM is a 501(c)4 digital campaign lab and an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.
The salary band for this role starts at $80,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience. We believe in compensating hard work, talent and grit, especially because of our progressive values, not despite them.