Localcoin seeks to inspire the future of digital currency globally as the largest bitcoin ATM network in Canada. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about learning new technologies to join our growing Engineering team as our Software Developer, Integration.
As a Software Developer at Localcoin, you will be responsible for integrating a multitude of services and APIs either by reusing or creating new integration interfaces across different platforms & systems. You will leverage tools like Integromat to link critical systems & data into meaningful internal business processes. Our interlinked network includes cutting-edge platforms such as Jira, Slack, Twillio, Google products including: G Suite, Ads, Analytics and Sheets, and critical internal software systems such as Localcoin`s Financial Compliance & AML detection System, Hardware Infrastructure monitoring, Business Reporting System and Analytics datasets.
You have strong skills to provide interoperability between critical services by designing, implementing and maintaining RESTful Application Programming Interface, either by webhooks or microservices, and relational database integrations across different platforms & technologies to supply the growing demand for data and cross-functional business process automations.
You will be reporting to the Director of Technology and cross collaborating with various teams such as Finance, Compliance, Operations, Marketing and HR. You have an unyielding desire to learn new technologies and solve exciting software problems. You are a team player, familiar with the Agile framework of delivery.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including discovery, analysis, requirements definition, solution design, configuration, code development, testing, deployment and support.
- Responsible for building Integrations between business applications (such as JIRA, Google Ads, Analytics, Datastudio, Freshworks, Twillio, relational databases) and 3rd party systems/applications.
- Research and make recommendations of new technology and tools and share those findings with the team
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical/non-technical stakeholders to ensure integration solutions are supportable and align with overall business strategy.
- Effectively extract data from a variety of cloud platforms (ex Google Analytics) and translate it into user friendly data
- Maintain and manipulate Google Sheets using Google Scripts to transform data into useful information for business leaders
- Maintain, troubleshoot and debug applications and integrations
- Other tasks as required
THIS IS YOU
- 1-3 years of experience working within a fast paced software development environment
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving business challenges
- Proven ability to work with different technologies & platforms
- Experience with RESTful microservices aiming interoperability across multiple systems & technologies
- Experience with Automation for business applications mainly with JIRA, Script runner, and JQL
- Proficient in SQL as well as relational databases, Google Scripts and Postman
- Strong leadership skills with the ability and passion to influence change throughout different parts of the business
- Experience setting up and defining webhooks
THESE THINGS ARE NICE
- Expertise on Linux Shell, Python and PHP scripting
- Experience with manual automation tools such as Integromat
- Knowledge and experience with mobile app development
Health & Wellness Benefits - We offer a comprehensive benefits package that covers up to 100% of traditional benefits such as dental, prescription drug coverage, vision care, critical illness coverage, life insurance and AD&D coverage. The plan also includes 100% coverage of unlimited personal and business travel insurance, on-demand online nurse assessments through Akira app. We offer a monthly spend on non-traditional medical expenses (massages, chiropractic) and a wellness account (gym memberships, spa, nutritionist).
Location - Localcoin is committed to ensuring that the team and areas we live in remain safe and healthy as the impact of COVID-19 is felt globally. The corporate team here has transitioned to a remote work set-up for the time being and have temporarily closed our head office until further notice. For essential staff in operations we work from our warehouse located close to Pearson Airport.
Events and Socials - Being remote hasn't slowed us down! Attend virtual company-wide teach and training days, industry events, themed monthly Fri-YAY happy hours, bi-weekly virtual team events like escape rooms, magic show, nutritionist lunch and learn series, coffee tastings and more!
Professional Development - We’ll invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
Compensation - We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Purchase Cryptocurrency At Market Rate - You’ll be able to purchase cryptocurrencies supported by Localcoin at the Canadian market rate with zero fees. You’ll also gain exclusive coupons for all of our cryptocurrency ATMs nationwide!
Localcoin is Canada's largest and most trusted cryptocurrency ATM network. We're on a mission to simplify the buying and selling process of cryptocurrency by providing transparency, accessibility and convenience.
With over 17 million people using Localcoin products, we pride ourselves on simplifying the highly technical (and at times confusing) crypto world through our industry leading customer support. Our ATMs, trading and online products help educate people on blockchain and cryptocurrencies by providing a safe and low cost avenue to gain a deep understanding of the basics: how to own and operate a digital wallet, how the blockchain network operates and how verifying a transaction works.
We are industry leaders in Canada and growing fast across the US with an eagerness to expand globally. Our team is working together to constantly innovate and build products that provide equal access of cryptocurrencies around the globe. Approximately 2 billion people in different communities worldwide are still unbanked. We believe that by providing an accessible product, we can help facilitate digital payments to these individuals and local communities.
Localcoin has been growing at an incredible rate over the last 3 years. We're looking for talented people that are eager to collaborate, innovate and make a huge impact in the future of digital currency!