Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce industry-recognized training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and purposeful.
We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What you’ll do as Senior Developer (Full stack)
You’ll design, create, own, and maintain our systems and service deployments (Azure/AWS) by continuously improving our infrastructure for better scalability, security, and fault tolerance based on the DevOps methodology.
You’ll work as part of a cross-functional agile team and have a focus on developing and supporting both standard and custom integrations between our core platforms and client platforms as well as our mobile applications.
- Write clean, well structured, and testable code (TDD)
- Contribute to the technical design of new features (RFCs, DDD, POCs, MVPs)
- Enable rapid deployment of new product features with the necessary safeguards to maintain stability, high availability, and performance
- Support other developers by doing code reviews, pair/mob programming and knowledge sharing sessions
- Ability to articulate technical problems and projects to other developers
The qualities we’re looking for
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a software engineering or IT related field
- Strong understanding of OOP, SOLID principles, TDD/BDD and distributed systems architecture (microservices, event driven, cloud native, serverless)
- Experience with Azure or similar cloud technologies, SQL/NoSQL databases and ORM frameworks
- Knowledge and proficiency configuring and deploying Docker containers (experience in k8s is a plus)
What you’ll get in return
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing value-driven organization that develops amazing products to disrupt the world of enterprise performance!
And next to that:
- Cutting edge technologies in the identity domain
- An international diverse department of 20+ nationalities
- Lean/Agile environment with strong emphasis on DevOps practices
- A value-driven culture with frequent transparent retrospectives
- 29 days of leave
- The chance to celebrate results and help each other grow by sharing failure
- Excellent working and salary conditions in our awesome office in Amsterdam
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.