Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce recognised training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and unconventional. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
The Implementation Specialist ensures that customer workspaces are setup in accordance with what was agreed with the customer and makes sure the setup is properly documented for future maintenance and customer support purposes. The Implementation Specialist also ensures an optimal onboarding experience for the customer so that the customer realizes the expected value. From time to time, the implementation specialist will be involved in pre-sales product demonstrations and will be asked to provide assistance in scoping projects, developing proposals and various ad-hoc requests from Customers, Sales or Technical Account managers in providing certain reports or making changes to a customer’s technical configuration. This role also provides regular feedback to the Product Owners about possible improvements to the product.
What do you need to be great at?
- Overseeing and coordinating the workflow and delivery timelines for client on-boarding of new clients ensure all the supporting launch elements are covered.
- Educate/ teach clients how to use our technical solution and how to get the best utilization out of it. Provide assistance throughout the duration of the implementation phase.
- Ensure proper documentation of implemented solutions
- Customer handover to customer service following implementation and onboarding
- Assist Sales and other functions in platform demonstrations to (potential) customers
- Provide support to other departments with ad-hoc requests for reports or workspace configuration updates
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (English)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Project Management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn & improve on personal skills
- Eye for detail & quality
- Analytical & process oriented
- Customer focused
Who you are?
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a SaaS environment, preferably in a Client Services role
- Experience with Project Management
- BTech Degree or Project management diploma or similar
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
- We have an entrepreneurial culture where daily you have the opportunity to shape and influence in every role
- We are a global company and offer travel opportunities
- We work with the best from around the world – we have over 25 nationalities in our team
- We offer flexible hours from different locations
- We have an aggressive growth strategy which offers constant opportunities for growth
- We have a coffee culture – Bottomless coffee 24/7
- We make a difference by enabling potential in over 1 000 000 and counting users
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.