Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability. Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce industry-recognized training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and unconventional. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
We are looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges or supporting an office of diverse people.
What do you need to be great at?
Supporting our Vice President / General Manager and Global Head of Sales
- Calendar management using Gmail
- Preparation of meetings including agenda and minutes
- Planning and booking travel. Including flight and hotel reservations and visas
- Writing reports and preparing presentations
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Serve as gatekeeper for our Vice President / General Manager
- Debtor and creditor management and administration.
- Answering the phone and welcoming visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Ordering of office supplies and consumables
- Maintain cleanliness of the office and equipment (dishwasher, coffee machine etc)
- Taking care of the office plants
- Liase with staff, suppliers and building management
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date (RI&E)
Who you are?
- Ability to communicate conﬁdently at any hierarchical level of the Company
- Demonstrated ability to take initiatives and execute assigned tasks in a timely and ﬂawless manne
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional imag
- Exceptional organizational skill
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Unconventional: At Lobster solving tomorrow’s challenges today requires a shift in perspective. It demands us to search in unexpected places. So with our flashlights and curiosity, we explore the unfamiliar, the unknown, the overlooked and misunderstood.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.
Does this sound like you? Then we look forward to receiving your application.