Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce recognised training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and unconventional. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
The CSM is the trusted partner of key regional Clients, deployed to increase sustainable proven value for both the Client and Lobster Ink. The CSM develops Client relationships, which include long-term account strategy, short-term problem-solving strategies to deliver continuous ROI for the customer. Throughout the Client lifecycle, the CSM will be the key link between the Client and various cross-functional teams within Lobster Ink and will quarterback a number of projects which ensuring that the customer’s needs are monitored, measured and met with proactive solutions that aim to keep Lobster Ink embedded with the Client as their all-time training solution.
What do you need to be great at?
- Revenue sustainability & growth for existing accounts:
- Ensure that renewal opportunities for each Client/Group are accurately captured in SalesForce, showcasing the renewal amount and billing frequency.
- Ensure that all SalesForce Accounts, Opportunities, Leads and Contact Details are kept up to date.
- Assure customer adoption and drive engagement through the sharing of best practices and product knowledge.
- Maintain and manage a large pipeline while accurately forecasting to consistently meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual quotas
- Upsell campaigns
- Develop and execute an after-sales strategy to ensure a greater share of wallet for the Client, and ensure all aspects of the sales approach contribute to this purpose.
- Understand the accounts' strategic direction and key objectives
- Create a sustainable competitive advantage by aligning capabilities with key account requirements, and drive profitable business growth.
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving and exceeding assigned sales targets
- Champion the Client/Groups' brand internally to ensure all departments involved with the Client/Group understand the high-level goals of the Client/Group.
- Be the voice of the customer: Provide Client feedback to the respective Lobster Ink departments (Tech, Product, Marketing, Implementation)
- Serve as the single point of escalation for all assigned Clients
Periodic account health checks
- Analyse the account strategy every 3 months and highlight and suggest areas of improvement during quarterly business reviews and or an alternative approach to meet the clients' needs.
- Monitor client/group performance on Lobster Ink and adjust strategy in order to action accordingly.
- Take ownership of the clients' online engagement and activity and suggest key areas of focus to increase penetration, usage and contract renewal(s).
- Implement and drive monthly / quarterly operational review reports developed by the support and implementation teams, to ensure the key client contact has a high-level view of the success of Lobster Ink within their organization. It is the responsibility of the Client Success Manager to analyse this/these reports and send the client a detailed synopsis on their performance and engagement. The Client Success Manager may be required to arrange and host conference calls where these reports are discussed with the client.
- Client visits and ongoing relationship management
- Ensure that all elements of a project (development needs, translation, course details, specific client requests) are being accurately processed and delivered on time.
Involvement in new business customer onboarding
- Be informed during the initial stages of contract negotiations in order to understand high-level requirements, and align strong KPIs and ways of measurement, key to the success of the account.
- Develop a strategic onboarding plan with the Implementation partner and the Client.
- Monitor the implementation and engagement of Lobster Ink for the Client to ensure the requested requirements and standards are met.
- Once course production/platform development/communication strategy business has been generated, ensure delivery on the expectations by working with learning/technology/marketing on the delivery of the budgetary quote, project brief and proposal for Client approval.
- Work with implementation to make sure that all hardware requests (Lobster Boxes and encrypted flash drives) are created, invoiced for and couriered to a location specified and confirmed by the Client, in a timely manner.
Scope of role
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Indian Ocean, which includes:
- Sri Lanka
Who you are?
- Proven track record of success within the customer success or account management roles
- The ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively strong business acumen.
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing
- Understanding of finance processes
- The ability to build, grow and sustain strong and collaborative business relationships with clients and industry influencers as well as internal partners.
- exceptional planning skills and the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Superior communication abilities
- Excellent presentation skills, business writing, email etiquette, and conduct conference calls.
- Sound consultative, planning, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Use persuasion, influence and knowledge of the clients' business in detail to maximize value
- Establish appropriate business arrangements/contracts and negotiate price, terms, conditions and the like within established targets where needed.
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
- We have an entrepreneurial culture where daily you have the opportunity to shape and influence in every role
- We are a global company and offer travel opportunities
- We work with the best from around the world – we have over 25 nationalities in our team
- We offer flexible hours from different locations
- We have an aggressive growth strategy which offers constant opportunities for growth
- We have a coffee culture – Bottomless coffee 24/7
- We make a difference by enabling potential in over 1 000 000 and counting users
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.