Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce industry-recognized training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and purposeful.
We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
- Design, create, own, and maintain our systems and service deployments (Azure based)
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for better scalability, security, and fault tolerance
- Integrate DevOps methodology into development, deployment, and operations lifecycle
- Write clean and well structured code
- Enable rapid deployment of new product features with the necessary safeguards to maintain stability, high availability, and performance
- Contribute to the technical design of new features
- Write unit tests and documentation
- Support other developers by doing peer reviews
- Attend planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
- Work as part of a cross-functional agile team
What do you need to be great at?
- You're an engineer, always interested in new technologies, push your boundaries and challenge others.
- Critical thinking and initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Mental athleticism: Highly analytical and curious intellect
- Superb communication: Ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all teams
- Pragmatic problem solving: You approach problems with a practical mindset
- Leadership: Can coach and lead other developers.
Who you are?
- BSc+ Computer Science, Information Technology graduate
- Minimum 5 plus years experience with C#, .NET and .NET Core with code samples
- Angular 2+, Typescript or equivalent (React etc.)
- Must understand OOP and SOLID principles
- Experience with Azure and Azure DevOps or similar cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Experience with NoSQL, SQL databases and ORM frameworks
- Experience with Identity Server and SSO beneficial
- Experience with GraphQl beneficial
- Knowledge and proficiency configuring and deploying Docker containers
- Experienced in TDD
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
This is a unique opportunity for a developer to join a rapidly growing value-driven organization to develop amazing products to disrupt the world of Learning & Development. Our mission is to enable strategic change through people by driving the relationship between awareness, capability building, and operational performance. Lobster Ink is uniquely positioned to enable medium- to large enterprises to rollout global change programs through our advanced platforms. We are the premier EdTech supplier in the hospitality industry globally and we have the largest hotel groups as our clients. We are proud to have won the EdTech X Global Growth Award 2018.
Some examples of our software products include:
- Axon LMS - a state of the art learning platform
- Lobster Ops - a performance assessment & management system
- Lobster Campus - interactive learning product and social learning
You will be part of our rapidly growing software development team with a focus on developing and supporting both standard and custom integrations between our core platforms and client platforms as well as between our core platforms and our mobile applications. At Lobster, we value independence and ownership. We offer a large degree of freedom to work in the OKR framework and build your own vision into our products. We feel that Agile principles like safety and ownership are very important and offer internal learning & development to grow in other domains. There are many more reasons why this is a great opportunity for you:
- Salary based on skill and experience
- International diverse department of 20+ nationalities
- Modern agile methods
- Cutting edge technologies in the data domain
- Opportunity to build disruptive products
- Idea-driven culture with frequent transparent retrospectives
- Caring team with shared values and ethics
- Car, bike and public transport friendly reachable office in the cool city of Amsterdam
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.