Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce recognised training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and unconventional. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
The Head of Production drives content innovation and capability at Lobster Ink Content. You will develop the vision and overall strategy for production and post production. In collaboration with the Global Head of Content you will contribute to the Lobster Ink Content product strategy and design. You will lead us into the future in how we produce our content and what we can produce, with the goal of creating market leadership.
The Head of Production will lead the Production and Post Production departments and work in collaboration with the other Heads in Content. Production and Post production teams include film and editor teams, respectively.
- Research innovation in content production as well as market trends
- Analyse the competitive market
- Research and analyse internal and external dynamics
- Manage and research customer needs
- Prepare strategies to stay ahead of the market
- Develop next-generation theory and practice for production and post production
- Clearly communicate strategies and get buy-in from the business
- Represent best-practice at global scale for Lobster Ink with thought leadership
- Lead and manage your department
- Maintain business integration of your team
Product Strategy & Implementation
- Design, manage and develop Lobster Ink production capability
- Create optimisation strategies for production workflows
- Manage and prioritise your project backlog to deliver new features
- Develop the Lobster Ink Content product strategy
- Plan and roll out execution of planning with your management team
- Manage the economics of the production and post production dept
What you need to be great at?
- Strategic thinking
- Strong logic
- Analytical thinking
- Problem Solving
- Empathetic leadership
- Can generate rapport
- Collaborative team player
- Open and transparent
- High energy
- Driven & disciplined
Who you are?
- 15+ years in the content production industry
- 5+ years in a leadership position managing large teams in content production/post-production environment
- 5+ years producing digital content / with digital content platforms
- Experience creating and implementing progressive production technology
- Managed multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Directly managed a team of greater than 10 people
- Managed large client relationships
- Produced localised content
- Project management or product management experience beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent work experience resulting in broad knowledge of production processes
- Qualifications in process & product improvement beneficial
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
- We have an entrepreneurial culture where daily you have the opportunity to shape and influence in every role
- We are a global company and offer travel opportunities
- We work with the best from around the world – we have over 25 nationalities in our team
- We have “wine down Fridays”
- We offer flexible hours from different locations
- We have an aggressive growth strategy which offers constant opportunities for growth
- We have a coffee culture – Bottomless coffee 24/7
- We make a difference by enabling potential in over 1 000 000 and counting users
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.