Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce industry-recognized training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and purposeful.
We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
- Write high quality test covered code
- Research new and relevant technologies
- Contribute to the technical design of new features
- Write unit tests and documentation
- Support other developers by doing peer reviews
- Attend planning, daily stand-ups and retrospective meetings
- Work as part of a cross-functional agile team
What do you need to be great at?
- Minimum 3 years experience with C# and .NET with portfolio and code samples
- Must understand OOP and SOLID principles
- Experience with Azure and Azure DevOps or similar cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Experience with SQL databases and ORM frameworks
- Experience with Identity Server and SSO beneficial
- Experience with GraphQl beneficial
- Experience with ALM tools such as GitHub/JIRA
- Full professional proficiency in English
Who you are?
- Grit, self-motivation and a deep feeling of ownership.
- Eager to learn and share knowledge
- Organized and structured, copes well under pressure with great time management skills.
- Ability to plan, estimate and deliver features in a team environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Proactive with demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to give and receive direction and constructive criticism
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
This is a unique opportunity for a Medior .NET developer to join a rapidly growing value-driven organization to develop amazing products to disrupt the world of Learning & Development. Our mission is to enable strategic change through people by driving the relationship between awareness, capability building, and operational performance. Lobster Ink is uniquely positioned to enable medium- to large enterprises to rollout global change programs through our advanced platforms. We are the premier EdTech supplier in the hospitality industry globally and we have the largest hotel groups as our clients. We are proud to have won the EdTech X Global Growth Award 2018.
Some examples of our software products include:
- Axon LMS - a state of the art learning platform
- Lobster Ops - a performance assessment & management system
- Lobster Campus - interactive learning product and social learning
You will be part of our rapidly growing software development team with a focus on developing and supporting both standard and custom integrations between our core platforms and client platforms as well as between our core platforms and our mobile applications. At Lobster, we value independence and ownership. We offer a large degree of freedom to work in the OKR framework and build your own vision into our products. We feel that Agile principles like safety and ownership are very important and offer internal learning & development to grow in other domains. There are many more reasons why this is a great opportunity for you:
- Salary based on skill and experience
- International diverse department of 20+ nationalities
- Modern agile methods
- Cutting edge technologies in the data domain
- Opportunity to build disruptive products
- Idea-driven culture with frequent transparent retrospectives
- Caring team with shared values and ethics
- Car, bike and public transport friendly reachable office in the cool city of Amsterdam
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.