Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce recognised training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and unconventional. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
The Motion Designer will work in a multidisciplinary design team to solve and deliver exceptional learning solutions for our clients.You need a good understanding of most of the following Illustration, motion graphics, interactive design, branding, iconography, design systems, motion and design and an ability to create at the holistic and detailed level , producing well thought out visual solutions for learning content.
The Motion Designer works with the Motion and Design Lead, Scriptwriters, Instructional Designers, Producers and Editors to take a key role in the creation of multimedia design assets to improve learning content.
- To create and craft design and motion graphics as per the requirements of the client brief, focusing on creation of assets (graphic elements), motion design, and delivering of high quality and innovative motion design and interactive design content. This can include but is not limited to digital artwork of the following nature: motion and graphic design for presentations, motion design for video, storyboarding, print design, interpretation and execution of design systems and interactive design.
- To conceptualise the design and motion and interactive design component of learning content.
- To work together with various production team members and be a part of the execution of effective learning content.
- To maintain and follow best practice for version control, naming convention, exports and organisation of graphic files set out by Lobster Ink.
What do you need to be great at?
- Proven Adobe Creative suite skills, with solid experience in design and motion graphics is a requirement.
- Proven ability to create high quality content from a loose or constrained brief with short deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Ability to conceptualise ideas and bring them to life visually.
- Excellent time management and quality management skills are essential.
- Understanding how visual design influences the way people learn is really advantageous, if this is something you don’t know - read up on it now, it will provide you with context and may be useful in your interview.
- Interactive / eLearning software / UX experience is beneficial.
- Collaborative and willingness to be stretched out of your comfort zone.
- Proactive individual with proven strength in attention to detail
- A passion for creativity and a curiosity a
- Organised and structured; copes well under pressure
Who you are?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in motion design or similar
- minimum 5 yrs experience in motion design, graphic design, animation, or similar
- A comprehensive digital portfolio or reel or motion design work
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
- We have an entrepreneurial culture where daily you have the opportunity to shape and influence in every role
- We are a global company and offer travel opportunities
- We work with the best from around the world – we have over 25 nationalities in our team
- We have “wine down Fridays”
- We offer flexible hours from different locations
- We have an aggressive growth strategy which offers constant opportunities for growth
- We have a coffee culture – Bottomless coffee 24/7
- We make a difference by enabling potential in over 1 000 000 and counting users
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.