Who we are?
We are Lobster Ink - a solutions company that helps some of the world’s most influential businesses navigate transformative change. Because people ultimately drive change, we develop training solutions that build their capability.
Our global team of 220+ Lobsters design award-winning digital products and produce recognised training content that provides 1 million+ people across 200 countries with the practical skills and knowledge needed to be great at what they do. We are brave, caring, tenacious, inventive and unconventional. We work with the biggest names in hospitality - our client list includes the likes of Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, Waitrose and Partners and Dubai Tourism. We’re also proud to be part of Ecolab, the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
As our client list grows, so does our need for exceptional individuals to join our teams in Amsterdam, Cape Town, Washington and the world. This is where you come in.
What will you do in this role?
A Lead Editor will work alongside the Creative Lead, leading Editors to execute the delivery of video content. The Lead Editor is responsible for Quality, Editing Standards and Delivery of video lessons of the projects that they are overseeing, along with managing and supporting Video Editors (including freelancers) and other Production team members. They are comfortable spearheading and executing all aspects of a content production process. From a People perspective, you will oversee freelance Editors on projects, and lead in-house Editors as your direct reports. You’ll work closely with the Post-Production Manager to drive training and development across the Editing department – leading the way in a demanding, innovative and people-driven environment.
A Lead Editor oversees and takes responsibility for successful delivery of a range of projects and tasks. The types of projects and tasks that a Lead Editor may work on are: ● Review and delivery of videos for learning projects ● Development of Editing Treatment in conjunction with the Creative Lead ● Lead the team of Editors, including on-boarding, mentoring and support ● Departmental innovation and maintenance of workflows and processes A Lead Editor is part of a project delivery team and is responsible and accountable, along with their Creative Lead, to deliver the completed project.
What do you need to be great at?
- A highly creative thinker who is confident, self motivated, articulate and practical
- Strong leadership skills
- A passion for learning and technology
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite of products (Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and After Effects), as well as Google Apps, Keynote and other programs required for execution
- Understanding of bitrate, aspect ratio and resolution in exporting videos from Premiere Pro CC & Media Encoder as well as various other encoding software
- Learns quickly, comfortable with technology, and not intimidated by new systems
- Strong video editing skills
- Adept at working in an agile environment using new technology and platforms
- Proactive, problem solving, positive attitude
- Work well under pressure
- Possesses excellent attention to detail
- A proficient Mac user
- Can build rapport, credibility and trust within a team locally and internationally
- Organised, analytical, dynamic
Who you are?
- Relevant Degree/Diploma with a minimum of 5 years experience in content creating, specifically video production and leading a team in a creative environment
- Solid background in content, broadcast or production
- Strong online portfolio, available for viewing
Why is this an amazing opportunity for you?
- We have an entrepreneurial culture where daily you have the opportunity to shape and influence in every role
- We are a global company and offer travel opportunities
- We work with the best from around the world – we have over 25 nationalities in our team
- We have “wine down Fridays”
- We offer flexible hours from different locations
- We have an aggressive growth strategy which offers constant opportunities for growth
- We have a coffee culture – Bottomless coffee 24/7
- We make a difference by enabling potential in over 1 000 000 and counting users
To be an A player at Lobster Ink you need to embody the following attributes:
- Brave: At Lobster being brave means that you have the internal drive to progress the boundaries of your own capability, the courage to explore uncharted territory, and by expanding your perspective and stretching your capacity.
- Caring: To care means to listen, communicate, understand, dovetail, call out accountability and act in respect.
- Tenacious: At Lobster, we are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We learn from setbacks, remain focused and never resign to mediocrity.
- Inventive: At Lobster, we believe that inventive willpower is a renewable resource that breeds when it's shared. Our solutions push past complexity and strive for simplicity.
- Purposeful: At Lobster, we act with intent. We are goal-oriented and experiment in a measured way to learn through experience. We are committed to continuous, iterative improvement for our customers and ourselves.
Together we remain humble but never the same. Distinctly Lobster.