Lob is building a suite of APIs for the enterprise. Our most popular API is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. We are growing our customer base and product offerings quickly and are looking for talented software engineers to join our team and shape the future of Lob.
This person should enjoy learning about and implementing the latest technologies. We're currently using node.js and hapi.js on the back end, AngularJS on the front end, and PostgreSQL for our database. As a member of Lob’s engineering team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape the product roadmap, contribute to defining engineering best practices, and create great products on a modern infrastructure. The ideal candidate is passionate about being a part of the next wave of APIs that will change the way businesses operate.
- Design and create new API product offerings from the ground up.
- Improve upon existing API offerings to offer our users the best possible product and experience.
- Architect and develop systems that are scalable, maintainable, and secure.
- Tackle challenging problems in distributed systems, cloud computing, API design, and more.
- 2+ years of experience developing and launching APIs in a production environment.
- Proven project experience developing with Node.JS, Ruby, and/or Python.
- Loves working with the newest technologies.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Why work at Lob?
Built with developers in mind, Lob provides tools that allow businesses to build scalable and powerful applications. The most popular API is a print and mail API that enables companies to send postcards, letters, checks, photos, and more as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is based in San Francisco, CA and is venture backed with over 5000 customers including Intuit, LendUp, Porch, and Ubiquiti Networks.
We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We are looking to grow our team with talented and driven people who share our vision that APIs will eat up the world. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and the ability to help dictate our product roadmap. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks