Long Meadow Ranch is a family owned and operated producer and purveyor of world class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods. We produce award winning wines, hand-crafted extra virgin olive oils, grass fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables.
Long Meadow Ranch is seeking a Production Coordinator to join the wine production department. Reporting directly to the Director of Production Operations, the Production Coordinator will lead the ordering, scheduling and inspection of packaging items, manage paperwork relating to packaging items and bottling and kegging events and assist in bottling line QC and QA. They will also take on primary responsibility for updating and maintaining production planning worksheets, the winemaking database and weighmaster records and become the safety representative for the wine production department.
- Coordinate and execute the ordering, scheduling and inspecting of packaging goods for wine, olive oil, grappa and vinegar bottling and kegging finishing events, and the shipping and movement of finished case goods and left-over packaging
- Maintain and update production planning worksheets and tools
- Manage and execute the creation and entry of Vintrace cellar work orders by collaborating with each winemaker to ensure winemaker database integrity and generate reports for month end close in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the accounting and finance department and respond to requests for information to support accurate product costing
- During harvest, act as lead weighmaster deputy to generate, manage and file weighmaster certificates and weigh-tag documentation
- Assist as directed in bottling line quality control and quality assurance analysis and checks
- Conduct and document quarterly physical inventories of packaging and bottling supplies in a timely manner
- Conduct monthly wine production team safety meetings, introduce new initiatives and reinforce safety requirements
Required experience and qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role in the wine, beverage or food packaging industry
- Experience operating or working on a bottling line, a plus
- Experience with Vintrace or a similar winemaker database software programs
- Excellent written communication, administrative, organizational, computer and time-management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and building spreadsheets
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to respond to frequently changing production schedules and demands, prioritize accordingly
- The ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- A positive attitude and the desire to work hard within a collaborative team
- The ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- The ability to work overtime and some weekends where production demands require it
- The ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
- A pre-employment physical and pre-employment background check are required
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time, hourly position.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).
Please include with your application a resume and one-page cover letter.