Long Meadow Ranch is seeking a Southwest Sales Manager to sell and represent LMR wine brands. The territory includes Southern California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Hawaii.
Long Meadow Ranch is a family-owned agricultural enterprise producing grapes and wine, olives and olive oil, grass-fed beef and lamb, fruits, vegetables, and eggs in the Napa Valley, Anderson Valley and Marin County. The Long Meadow Ranch operations also include an acclaimed farm-to-table restaurant, a general store and wine tasting bar in the historic Logan-Ives House, an outdoor cafe, a farmer's market, a working garden and a variety of unique event spaces all located at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch..
Reporting to the Vice President Sales, the Southwest Sales Manager will work in conjunction with our distributor partners in the territory. This role will work independently as well as with our distributors’ sales teams to sell, establish and maintain relationships with on and off premise accounts in these markets. Additionally this role works collaboratively with the entire LMR sales team on national and chain account development and maintenance.
- Work closely with VP Sales to develop budgets, programs and marketing strategies
- Identify key accounts and make direct sales calls
- Collaborate on California distributor management with Northwest Sales Manager
- Focus on top primary markets with frequent visits
- Develop strong relationships with respective distributor’s sales representatives
- Manage and monitor all sales and inventory with the designated wholesalers
- Develop and perform presentations of wines to the respective distributors sales teams and managers
- Direct and assist with the placements and image of products
- Manage updates on pricing, programs and market goals with distributors
- Manage special sales projects including winemaker/owner dinners, VIP tastings and industry events
- Work closely with the VP Sales and the LMR executive team, support the development of a sales plan and support meetings with key distributor management members to further establish and maintain the relationship between LMR and the distributor network
- Utilize the VIP and Karma mobile application sales systems to track account calls, sales depletions and sales progress
- Provide continuous communication on territory performance
- Maintain a mutually respectful relationship with sales team members and other LMR team members
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- At least 2 years of work experience in the territory within wine sales, restaurants or food and beverage
- Wine sales experience for either a supplier or a distributor is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree desirable, relevant work experience in lieu of a degree will also be considered
- Additional wine education, highly desirable
- High proficiency in office productivity tools including Google Drive, Google Docs and email
- Understanding of sales management reporting software a plus
- Preferably based in the Los Angeles area
- Valid California Driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds
- A pre-employment background check
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and incentive program depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).
apply online: https://www.longmeadowranch.com/careers
This role will be recruited by Amy Gardner and WineTalent.