Long Meadow Ranch is seeking a dynamic person to join our team as Cafe Manager.
Long Meadow Ranch is a family-owned agricultural enterprise producing grapes and wine, olives and olive oil, grass-fed beef and lamb, fruits, vegetables, and eggs in the Napa Valley, Anderson Valley and Marin County. The many-faceted operation includes the 650-acre LMR Mayacamas Estate home ranch located in the Mayacamas Mountains above Rutherford and the 90-acre LMR Rutherford Estate, located on the Rutherford Bench, and, in Mendocino County, the 145-acre LMR Anderson Valley Estate. The Long Meadow Ranch operations also include an acclaimed farm-to-table restaurant, a general store and wine tasting bar in the historic Logan-Ives House, an outdoor cafe, a farmer's market, working garden and a variety of unique event spaces all located at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch.
Our charming outdoor café is nestled under a picturesque blue spruce tree at the north end of Farmstead and serves customers from 7am to 4pm. The Cafe offers coffee drinks, pastries, panini, beer and wine and other small bites.The Café Manager is responsible for the success of the café and manages all aspects of the café including staffing, operations, inventory, customer service, and customer satisfaction.
Oversee Daily Operations
- Maintain a clean well-merchandised cafe, following standards for visual presentation plans and standards
- Model behavior that best represents the Cafe with warm service, prompt execution of orders, taking initiative and communicating effectively
- Communicate all product changes, promotions, operational changes to the staff
- Monitor inventory levels and assist in rotation of product and follow standards to minimize waste
- Hold daily pre-shift meetings for staff to communicate changes, motivate staff, hold sales contests and educate on new offerings
- Train staff on LMR products including wine, olive oil, packaged foods
- Ensure all drink recipes and food preparation guidelines are being followed
- Provide coaching and counseling to staff to attain the highest level of customer service.
- Maintain financial and inventory records and ensure proper execution of retail procedures,
- Order as needed all Cafe supplies including dairy, paper, food ingredients.
- Ensure opening and closing procedures are being followed by staff
- Maintain high standards for cleaning, side-work and regular deep cleaning
- Achieve goals for sales and profitability. Follow company policies on interdepartmental product transfers
- Manage and perform all POS duties, opening and closing procedures
- Resolve customer service issues and complaints
- Build relationships with preferred patrons and PX guests
- Promote and practice safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards and customer incidents
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative, positive and respectful workplace culture
Administrative and General
- Manage products including ordering, merchandising, inventory control and pricing
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Place weekly product orders
- Schedule staff in accordance to traffic projections
- Attend weekly management meetings to promote new offerings
- Maintain, print and order collateral and menus as needed
Experience, Education and Required Skills
- Two years of sales experience in a cafe, restaurant or retail sales environment
- Experience in food preparation for a cafe, bakery or related business
- Ability to effectively communicate in a welcoming and professional manner
- Experience with POS systems
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work early morning shift
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, flexibility in schedule is desired
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k)