Long Meadow Ranch is a family-owned and operated producer and purveyor of world-class wine and food that is economically successful and socially responsible using diversified, sustainable, and organic farming methods.
We have a unique opportunity for a motivated Banquet Manager to join our events team! Events at Long Meadow Ranch include Live Fires, Guest Chefs, Beer and Wine Dinners, weddings, and occasional offsite events. The Banquet Manager oversees all aspects of the execution of our private events, including setup, food presentation, food & beverage service and cleanup while focusing on every detail and the highest quality of customer service and presentation.
- Actively engage in service for the majority of working hours. Directly perform hands-on work on an ongoing basis to manage employee performance, provide feedback and coaching. Model appropriate behaviors, lead by example and maintain a strong presence.
- Ensure positive guest experience in all areas. Respond promptly to complaints and take action to resolve guest issues.
- Provide overall leadership for the event front of house staff as well as recognize and motivate staff and coach for operational excellence. Provide continuous, constructive feedback and guidance to staff and assistant managers.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, training, scheduling, counseling and discipline of event front of house staff.
- Lead weekly BEO meetings to facilitate communication from sales team to execution team.
- Post sales and close payments at the conclusion of each event.
- Oversee rental equipment load-in and check-out as needed.
- Develop standard operating procedures for event execution; determine and implement system improvements.
- Lead pre-shift meetings and communicate menu information, service details and beverage training.
- Ensure that all food safety, food quality standards, workplace safety standards, customer service standards and company policies are met. Comply with all Department of Environmental Health food safety regulations.
- Maintain a facility that is safe, secure and healthy as well as consistently “inspection ready” in all areas including front of house and back of house. Develop systems and awareness to repair and maintain facilities as needed including mechanical systems, equipment, operation of lights, music and decor.
- Keep the General Manager fully informed of all issues and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternate courses of action.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative, positive and respectful workplace culture.
Administrative and General:
- Develop processes and systems to best manage events beverage costs.
- Review and approve payroll, approve hourly rate and status changes for employees.
- Manage event purchases and inventory by negotiating prices.
- Follow systems to manage the ordering of supplies, usage and organization, according to company procedures.
- Approve and code purchases and submit promptly to the finance team.
- Collaborate with the finance team to process end of month accounting procedures in a timely manner, following company procedures.
- Develop and maintain an effective plan for training including food & wine education, one-on-one training, communication of company standards & policies and Long Meadow Ranch brand training.
- Conduct regular event staff performance reviews and provide growth opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Hotel Management or closely related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in hospitality and event management in the lifestyle, restaurant, resort, hotel, travel or winery industry.
- Proficiency with Google suite and MS Office products.
- Proven commitment to creating a great first impression with the ability to consistently provide excellent guest experiences.
- Strong organizational and communication skills to manage staff, interact with management and respond to guests’ needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lift 40+ lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record.
- A pre-employment background check is required.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation and 401(k).