This pivotal and exciting time in Teladoc Health’s history offers an excellent growth opportunity for a senior-level Accountant who’s eager for new challenges and the chance to make a difference. In this role you’ll function at the heart of our Finance department, ensuring the integrity of Teladoc Health’s accounting data and leading a variety of accounting initiatives.
We’re looking for an energized and motivated accounting leader with a strong and varied background that includes experience at both a public company and a major accounting firm. If you have a passion for numbers (especially numbers that get bigger every day) this is your chance to take your career to the next level. Send in your application today!
- Accurately prepare complex accruals, journal entries, balance sheet and P&L reconciliations as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions
- Assist with ongoing account reconciliation and specific projects, ensuring that general ledger accounts are resolved and reconciled
- Pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions
- Propose accounting solutions to management and other affected departments as required
- Work with business partners to generate various accruals for cross-functional departments and overall corporate accounting activities
- Ensure SOX compliance by monitoring accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Prepare schedules and documentation for external audit and various ad hoc and special projects
- Identify and implement process improvements to help reduce time to close and improve upon accuracy of underlying accounting records.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Livongo’s accounting processes
- Effectively interact with senior management, external auditors, and various internal departments
- 6+ years’ accounting experience in a public company
- Experience with a Big 4 or regional accounting firm is a plus
- Corporate accounting and GL close experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and practices (U.S .GAAP), internal controls, GL account analyses and financial statement reconciliations
- The ability to research and apply fundamental accounting theories and concepts under US GAAP
- Familiarity with accounting and financial reporting systems
- A natural knack for numbers and efficiency
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and interpreting accounting transactions and financial issues
- Proven leadership skills, combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- A customer-service-oriented approach, with high standards for integrity and ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write clear, concise, accurate and polished analyses and presentations
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A self-starter approach, paired with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and produce under pressure
- The flexibility and agility to adapt to change and think on your feet
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to contribute to the Livongo culture (no ivory tower candidates need apply)
- Energy and passion for your work, with a genuine interest in accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Why Join Teladoc Health?
A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.