“Livongo is continuing to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding virtual due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will work from home until it is safe to return to our offices. In the future, this position will be based on-site in Chicago.”
Numbers person? If you’re ready to launch your career with a dynamic, fast-growing company, this rewarding position in our Finance department could be your ticket. In the role of Medical Billing Specialist, you’ll function at the heart of our financial operations, and interfacing with all members of the team. From insurance verification and claims processing to billing, this position provides diverse experience and an immediate cure to boredom. This is your chance to prove yourself in the Finance field, without micro-management!
Livongo functions with a true sense of team spirit, in a high-energy work environment. As our company experiences astronomical growth, we’re expecting an enormous demand for medical claims activity over the next year – and that means opportunity for you. You’ll contribute to streamlining our billing processes, while enjoying visibility at all levels within Livongo. With your talent for communication and organization, you can make significant contributions to the Finance team – and to the healthcare industry – while catapulting your own career.
If you’re an enthusiastic and energetic professional that learns quickly, we want to talk to you! This current opening is a full-time position in our Chicago office.
- Handle client contracts and unique billing requirements in a leading-edge sector of healthcare industry
- Review all patient information and postings, prior to claims submission
- Submit claims to insurance carriers
- Analyze data to determine and prepare client statements
- Follow up to see if claims are accepted or denied
- Investigate rejected claims to see why the denial was issued
- Verify insurance coverage and maintain accurate member eligibility status in our database
- Help automate existing processes and learn new systems
- Maintain strict confidentiality
Our successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of medical billing experience
- Advanced Excel skills, with the demonstrated ability to writer formulas, perform VLOOKUP pivot tables, etc.
- The ability to accurately calculate figures and reconcile accounts
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with an affinity for teamwork
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills, with excellent attention to details
- Comfort and success working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- The ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- A strong work ethic
- Resourcefulness and self-motivated drive
- Working familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- A college degree or equivalent real-world experience in a related field
Impress us even more:
- Experience with medical coding and billing systems
- Background in the healthcare industry
- Specific experience in the insurance, TPA or employee benefit space
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter. Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. With our growing member base of over 200,000 people with chronic conditions, your work can truly improve lives on a national scale.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in all of our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.