Simply stated, Livongo exists to empower people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. This is your chance to help shape Livongo’s mobile experience during a time of astronomical growth and product expansion. Our apps directly engage people to help them live their best lives, and we also do some pretty cool engineering and coding along the way.
We are on the hunt for our next mobile engineer for our Behavioral Health product line. We’re looking for that always-learning, self-motivated engineer who has hands on experience in the consumer or medical spaces. If you’re a guru of iOS but know nothing of Android, or a robot at heart and never tasted fruit—perfect! Cross-platform experience is a bonus, but not a must. However, it’s critical that you have a passion for learning both sides.
You will be working on a premier Android and iOS app whose focus is to help people with conditions such as depression, anxiety, stress, trauma, sleep, and more. Our behavioral health mobile application is built using Xamarin Native (we do NOT use Xamarin Forms). This means you’re coding to the iOS and Android SDK, but just doing it in C# and not Swift/Kotlin. Otherwise, it’s the exact same and still what you expect with UIViewControllers and NSEverything, Activities and Fragments and XML. We even still have to also open XCode often enough, so knowing your platform is definitely required. This technology has allowed us to share things like network, database, and business logic between both platforms, and to also experiment in many unique architecture designs that support both platforms!
What makes Mobile Development at Livongo exciting?
On any given day, you could be doing any or all of the following:
- Delivering features and enhancements to the native mobile apps (Android and iOS)
- Architecting brand new features for both platforms
- Adopting, adapting, and advancing the core value of the Livongo experience, through material design, responsive interaction, and powerful mobile UX
- Working closely with our in-house design teams to bring a user-first experience to the masses (including awesome Lottie animations)
- Challenging UI work such as custom fonts, Lottie animations, custom animation transitions, multi-device support, localization adjustments, and more.
- Fixing bugs in a core service layer or a UI implementation on iOS/Android
- Write Unit Tests, UI Tests, and Integration Tests to help our QA Team, and then work through all manner of acceptance criteria, kickbacks, and crazy edge cases
- Frequently communicate updates to stakeholders and deliver projects on-time
- Respect and uphold platform-specific ideology (both platforms have equal say and the app should be a good iOS app to iOS users and a good Android app to Android users; no exceptions!)
- Helping your teammates succeed through peer reviews, documentation and mentoring
- Balancing delivery needs against design intent, understanding that the product is more valuable in the hands of users than as a design on paper
Our successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of native mobile development (Android in Java/Kotlin or iOS in Swift/Objective-C) or experience in Xamarin Native development (C# in Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS)
- A strong foundation in OOP principles and design patterns (data structures, algorithms, polymorphism, observers, composition, etc.)
- Excellent communication, teamwork and collaboration skills
- The presentation skills to effectively communicate how your designs solve specific business problems
- A passion for building accessible iOS and Android apps that are visually delightful and easy to use
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving start-up culture with aggressive product development and launch plans
- A love for solving new user experience challenges and an undying passion to do right by the user in terms of experience and platform expectations
- A thoughtful and professional reaction to feedback and critiques during code reviews and architecture discussions
- The ability to innovate in meaningful ways
Impress us even more:
- Finesse with reverse engineering endpoints and services
- Prior experience with C#, ideally in a Xamarin-based native mobile application environment
- Experience working with adaptive and fluid native apps (size classes, xdp folders, multi-resolution assets, rotation layouts, etc.)
You’ll fit right in if
- You love witty banter and kombucha
- You want to change people’s lives and help others
- You are self–directed but play well with others
- You’re honest and ethical
- You continually strive to learn new things
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.